Job Title: 2 Procurement Officers – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire suitable candidates for two positions Procurement Officer. The successful candidates will report to the Procurement Manager. Both positions are Kampala based.
Under the supervision of the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Officers will conduct timely procurement of quality goods, services and works that comply with the required specifications while upholding IDRC’s procurement procedures and policies and maintaining high level of accountability and integrity. Develop and maintain an up to date and efficient contracts management system and suppliers/service providers database management system, best pro-active and departmental work. Managing vendor relationships and building effective supply chain partnerships.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Result #1- Procurement Processing and Payments:
- Record and track procurement requisitions from the various departments/regions/projects etc.
- Review the submitted procurement requisitions for completeness and accuracy in terms of approval levels and specifications etc.
- Prepare solicitation documents such as requests for quotation/proposals, letters of invitation, actions on advertisement and tendering, for approval etc.
- Support the development of specifications in conjunction with the user departments, projects, and regions.
- Recommend and guide any improvements in the processing of procurement requisitions/requests.
- Work with the technical teams to develop and implement procurement plans for new projects.
- Prepare and place purchase orders and contracts with suppliers or service providers for goods, services and works.
- Monitor the progress and delivery schedules for purchase orders for supplies, goods and works.
- Monitor the flow of returned supplies and the performance of contracts until expiry of warranty/and defects liability period.
- Process supplier payment requests in a timely manner after ensuring that all payment requisite documents are attached.
- Prepare comparative bid analysis reports for consideration by the Evaluation and Procurement Committee
- Complete the import procedures and requirements for all imported procurements as required by working with the prequalified clearing and forwarding firm.
- Compile and prepare monthly procurement reports for all completed and pending procurements.
Key Result #2 – Sourcing and Vendor Management
- Support in the identification and propose potential service providers and suppliers for goods, services and works required by the projects, regions and IDRC as an organization.
- Draft and issue tender or bids documents, advertise tenders, request for quotations or requests for proposals.
Monitor the receipt, registration and opening of bids from service providers and
- Attend to all inquiries from bidders and suppliers as appropriate.
- Actively participate in routine vendor rating exercises by Procurement Department.
Key Result #3 Contract Management and Monitoring
- Review and analyse all authorized contract documents, purchase orders and agreements of all suppliers/providers/contractors prior forwarding to provider or contractor for implementation and signing.
- Manage, administer and supervise contract amendments, variations and execution and monitor progress ensuring that the provisions of the contracts are complied with
- Ensuring that all the invoices related to service contracts for payment are fully verified, approved and payment processed
- Preparation, monitoring and review of service level agreements to ensure contract performance and value for money is obtained
- Work with stakeholders to comprehensively review contracts annually and evaluate performance.
- Identifies the possible risks associated with the contract and suggests ways to mitigate them.
- Monitor contract performance status for all construction works in the different regions.
Key Result #4 –Stakeholder Relationship and Performance Management:
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers ensuring a high degree of integrity and accountability according to IDRC standards and ethics.
- Attend to inquiries from bidders and suppliers as appropriate.
- Participate in negotiations with suppliers to promote good working relationships.
- Work closely with User departments, Projects Coordinators and the Region heads, on suppliers’ performance and communications.
- Analyze information and propose improvements in the supply chain for decision making.
- Brings to the attention of management any contractor who breaches the contract
- Undertake defined aspects of key commercial activities necessary to support delivery of the commercial solution (e.g. Contract Due Diligence)
- Control and manage procurement related documentation for reference and audit purpose
Job Level Specifications
- Sound public and negotiation skills along with attention to details, mature in decision making and time management skills
- Be highly proactive with personal initiative and drive, honest with a high level of integrity; a team-player with a positive attitude and good planning skills
- Strong report writing, communication and networking skills/interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to handle multiple projects and work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent Computer skills in MS Office packages
- Possess the ability to work in a team to achieve excellence in execution, committed, accountable and passionate about the work we do.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliable and dependable
- Good networking and influencing skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Efficient service delivery
- Internal and external stakeholders Management.
- Minimum 3 years in a busy procurement and logistics department an NGO environment is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management
- Professional Qualification/Certification such as Graduate Diploma in Purchasing & Supply Management – CIPS or equivalent.
How To Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications using this link on the IDRC website.
Additional Important Comments:
- All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted Further
Deadline: 7th December 2021