Job Title: Fresher District HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment Officer – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The position holder will provide technical assistance to ensure timely and quality attainment and sustenance of HIV epidemic control interventions in supported districts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, monitor and report on key activities related to HIV/AIDS/TB treatment scale up.
- Support mentoring activities for HCWs in relation to HIV/AIDS/TB care and treatment.
- Support roll out of National HIV treatment guidelines and related guidelines in HIV/TB care.
- Provide on call/distance TA support for the handling of complicated HIV/AIDS/TB cases.
- Support Quality Assurance of HIV//TB services at facilities and recommend corrective action.
- Provide technical assistance in planning related to HIV/AIDS/TB care and treatment
- Provide team lead roles for the field office technical supervisory teams.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and surgery.
- Postgraduate training in project planning and management will be an added advantage.
- Specialized training in HIV/AIDS management will be an added advantage.
- Active Registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council required.
- At least 2-3 years of HIV/AIDS/TB clinical experience.
- Experience in providing technical Assistance to large-scale HIV HSS interventions within MoH structures and systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS/TB management.
- Good working knowledge of HIV/AIDS/TB programs, strategies, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV/AIDS programs.
- Excellent communication& interpersonal skills plus the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Knowledge of USG programming policies and regulations
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
All Interested Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact
Deadline : 26th July 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.