Job Title: Administrative Assistant – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Administrator
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
About USAID Project:
IDI has received a five-year transition award entitled USAID Local Partner Health Services-TB Activity. The purpose of the Award is to increase TB case detection and treatment success in Uganda to 90% of all cases and thus contribute to substantial reduction of Uganda’s TB burden by 2026. IDI will work through technical assistance to the national TB Program in the three districts of Kampala, Mukono and Wakiso and Regional Referral Hospitals to increase availability, accessibility and utilization of integrated TB/HIV and MDR-TB services.
The Administrative Assistant performs high level secretarial, administrative, public relations and liaison duties which require frequent contact with staff, executives, the public, government officials, other partners and stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform wide variety of office support functions using independent judgement and applying multiple program policies, procedures and guidelines to assist the Project Director and team
- Coordinate plans for workshops and meetings led by the project team
- Support administrative arrangements for the regional team travel and participation in key stakeholder events and meetings
- Create, review and process documents and record; identify and correct errors and omissions on documents received from staff and partners
- Compile and organize materials for the Project Director’s use in problem resolution as requested by the Project Director
- Follow up the Project Director’s tasks and assignments, track the progress and assist in ensuring that time-bound commitments and/or tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Compose email and paper correspondences for the Project Director on his/her own initiative or from the general instructions
- Establish and maintain a manual and electronic filing/record-keeping system for easy storage and retrieval of documents and correspondences related to the Project Director’s work
- Respond to non-routine inquiries from staff and external parties and explain various program services, policies, procedures and rationale for decisions
- Schedules (and reschedules where necessary) the Project Director’s appointments and/or services and travel arrangements
- The applicant must hold a University degree in a relevant discipline.
- At least three years of progressive and relevant experience (ideally including Secretarial and Administrative work) in a reputable organization.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures particularly in word processing, filing, composing business documents, gathering and compiling data.
- Knowledge of written communications formats and composition and excellent command of spoken English
- Demonstrable skill in operating office equipment, such as personal computer, calculator, scanner/photocopier and phone system
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and other common programs
- Ability to communicate with staff and other contacts in courteous and professional manner
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to make independent decisions
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline : 7 th December 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.