Job Title: 4 Counselors – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
The Counsellor will provide a full package of HIV Prevention interventions and on-going psycho-social support to individuals at high risk of contracting HIV, clients living with HIV, their families and community members to ensure holistic HIV/AIDS care and strengthen uptake of all service packages delivered within IDI-supported facilities and communities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support mentorship and training efforts to build capacity of facility teams to deliver high quality psycho-social support and care services to individuals infected and affected by HIV.
- Participate in team-based clinical care of TB and HIV/AIDS patients attending IDI-supported health facilities in line with standard treatment guidelines.
- Lead efforts in identification and linkage of new PLHIV through optimization of facility-based HTC activities, implementation of partner services, and through targeted community HTC initiatives.
- Support establishment and functionalization of psycho-social support groups including adolescent clubs, Sero-discordant couple clubs, and family support groups to strengthen adherence to HIV/AIDS treatment and to promote uptake of preventive service packages.
- Guide facility teams to deliver high quality HIV/AIDS care and preventive services for Key Populations using non-discriminatory gender-sensitive models.
- Participate in client education and facility sensitization to continuously build knowledge among patients attending IDI-supported health facilities.
- Participate in performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities at IDI-supported health facilities to guide implementation of project activities.
- Participate in identification, implementation and documentation of continuous quality improvement activities along the HIV continuum of response and along client care and treatment cascades.
- Participate in facility and community efforts to improve linkage, retention and viral suppression rates among clients in HIV care.
- Participate in compilation and submission of accurate facility HMIS and programmatic reports according to project, donor and Ministry of Health timelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- The applicant should hold a Degree in Social sciences, Education, SWASA or related field.
- Training in HIV/AIDS from a recognized institution
- Up-to-date knowledge of national HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment policies.
- Good communication, organization and management skills.
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct.
- Has computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with PEPFAR HIV programming
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline : Open until filled
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.