Job Title: 2 Locum Warehouse Assistants – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
As part of the Warehouse and Distribution team, the Warehouse Assistant shall support accurate order fulfillment, appropriate arrangement and storage of items in the warehouse and stewardship of stock.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support in arranging and packing stock and assets in respective shelves and partitions.
- Proactively ensure that all stock and assets are suitably stored, categorized and kept in respective locations to ease tracking and prevent deterioration in quality.
- Regularly inspect the stock for shelf life status and damages and report to the warehouse officer any such issues and follow up to ensure quick action is taken.
- Issue stock to requesters following proper institutional procedures using approved stock requisition forms/orders.
- Support receipt and inspection of incoming consignments
- Carry out spot checks on finished customer orders to detect and correct any picking errors
- Supervise the cleaning of the Warehouse premises and ensure the Warehouse, stock and assets are stored in a manner that meets applicable standards of hygiene and OHS at all times.
- Support documentation and maintenance of appropriate stock records
- Take custody, stewardship and accountability for stock
- Carry out continuous cycle counts and bin verification to ensure inventory accuracy
- Participate in periodic stock take exercises
- Identify expired, long stay or slow-moving items and notify the warehouse officer to take appropriate measures.
- Ensure that stock is appropriately stored, categorized and kept in respective locations.
- Carry out any other duties as shall be reasonably assigned by the supervisors
- Accurately and appropriately packed client consignments
- Bin accuracy
- Timely order processing
- Timely receipt of items
- Stock safety and security
- Update of stock keeping records
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Stores Management / Business Administration /Commerce/ Procurement and Logistics Management
- Bachelor’s degree holders shall have added advantage.
- One year of experience of working in the warehouse/stores.
- Speed and accuracy
- Team player
- Attention to details
- Computer skills
- Product knowledge
- Ability to comply to instructions and standard operating procedures
NB: This Job will involve regular lifting and carrying
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline : Open until filled
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.