Human Resources Officer
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THETA-Uganda is a not-for-profit Ugandan Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and company limited by guarantee. The Organization was founded as a research project in 1992 and registered as an NGO in 1995. THETA’s core mandate is to improve health and access to health care through promotion of collaboration between the traditional and biomedical health care systems.
About Global Fund Project:
THETA Uganda has received this funding from the Global Fund through TASO for the West Nile Cluster to support activities that contribute to the strategic objectives under the Uganda Malaria Reduction Strategic Plan (UMRSP) 2021-2025. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is an international partnership that provides grants to lower income countries with high HIV, Malaria and Tuberculosis disease burden. The fund has been supporting Uganda since 2003 to fight the three diseases (HIV, TB and Malaria).
Job Summary : The Human Resource Officer will ensure that human resource management functions are carried out in the context of organization’s development while remaining true to the THETA’s vision and mission. The job holder supports the senior management team in strategic human resource development, entrenching a culture of performance and alignment of people to the organization’s strategic goals and priorities. It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully comply, promote and live THETA’s values of: Professionalism, Accountability, Mutual partnership and Team work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the development of a culture that reflects THETA values, promotes accountability and high performance and encourages learning, creativity and innovation.
• Help design and implement a coherent organizational structure and human resource policies and practices that are consistent with and appropriate to the program needs.
• Ensure that human resources policies, practice, procedures and standards are consistent with the relevant statutory employment and labor laws.
• Lead long term HR planning for the organization
• Lead the periodic review of the organization’s salary structures and staff benefits
• Lead, monitor and evaluate the progress of human resource management practices ensuring compliance with organizations polices, standards and procedures
• Develop best practice HR strategy for reward, resourcing, employee relations engagement, performance management, learning and development using.
• Manage staff recruitment, retention and exit process.
• Manage the human resource information systems (i.e. database for staff information, leave time management, leave /staff absence etc.)
• Partner with program teams to ensure that adequate HR inputs are provided for and incorporated during development and implementation of projects.
• Supervise the HR function to ensure that advice and support is provided to managers and staff on the interpretation of and application of policies and procedures on HR related matters.
• Incorporate staff development strategies and performance management systems into learning and development initiatives
• Manage the performance of all staff through; performance management systems including establishment of clear and measurable objectives, periodic fair and unbiased appraisals, coaching, mentoring, recognition and reward of outstanding performance and documentation of performance that less satisfactory with appropriate performance improvement plans.
• Manage staff wellness schemes including medical insurance and group personal insurance.
• Manage organizations fleet and fuel cards to ensure efficiency in organization operation.
• Procurement goods and services for the organization and ensure value for money as per procurement policy.
• Support management identification and planning for critical building needs
• Coordinate staff training and team building sessions
• Plan and coordinate new staff induction session.
• Monitor and advise on disciplinary matters in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
• Mediate staff conflict, grievances and harassment related cases in accordance with the established procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant must hold a Graduate degree/ professional qualification in Organizational development, Administration, Community Psychology or Human resource management or MBA
• Five years or more experience in organizational development or HR management fields preferably in NGO context.
• Proven leadership and team building skills
• A positive “can do” attitude and deeply committed to THETA’s mission
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to details and quality
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs together and they MUST not be more than 5 pages. They should apply online at the link below.
• All applicants must provide 3 professional referees who should be stated with clear phone and email contact details
• All applicants must be ready for immediate deployment for all positions.