Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Deadline of this Job:
16 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to “Strengthen Health Systems in Africa with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases through Research and Capacity Development”. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening Programmes.
With funding from Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR, and in partnership with MoH and respective District Local Governments, IDI is implementing comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in the West Nile region of Uganda under the project “Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in West-Nile Region of Uganda under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), 2020-2025”. The project supports the 12 districts of; Arua, Maracha, Madi-Okollo, Terego, Koboko, Yumbe, Moyo, Obongi, Adjumani, Pakwach, Nebbi and Zombo under the project:
NB: Please note that candidates who originate from West Nile Region and can speak the local language will be given priority and are encouraged to apply.
The Hub Rider is responsible for sample and results transportation from lower health facilities to the hub & back.
• Pick client samples from designated supported health facilities and deliver them to the designated lab hubs for testing.
• Pick results from the Lab hubs and deliver them to the respective health facilities.
• Ensure safety and security of client samples during transportation to the lab hubs for testing.
• Maintain utmost confidentiality and protection of client results and any other related information during the transportation of results to the health facilities.
• Timely response and availability at the required facility whenever called upon to offer support
• Ensure the safety and security of the bike during sample transportation process.
• Any other duties that assigned by the supervisor
• Minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education
• A valid riding permit
• A good traffic track record
• Being Physically fit
Required experience and skills
• Basic motor bike maintenance and proper documentation
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact productively with other team members
• Self-motivated, innovative and capable of meeting deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in team in a respectful way
• Willingness to work and live in rural areas is required.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.