HR & Administration Officer
Deadline of this Job:
14 August 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Saferworld is an Independent International NonGovernmental Organisation that works to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We believe in a world where everyone can lead peaceful, fulfilling lives, free from fear and insecurity. Saferworld has been working in Uganda since 2001. Our main focus has been on supporting civil society involvement in conflict prevention and security provision, conflict and gender-sensitive approaches to development, and advocating stronger national and regional controls on small arms and light weapons.
Saferworld is seeking to recruit a dynamic, qualified and professional person with high level of integrity to fill the position below:
Position: HR & Administration Officer
Reporting: Finance & Operations Manager
Duty Station: Kampala
The role purpose is two-fold with a split into two distinct roles. The first comprising of a range of responsibilities such as office administration and logistical support with the principal aim of helping to ensure the smooth running of the office. The second is to support the team with recruitment and selection, employee administration, the HR database and any other related duties.
Main Job Responsibility:
• Manage the recruitment process
• Administer the Human Resources Information System (Cascade) for all staff ensuring staff records are complete and up to date.
• Management of annual leave and other absence
• Responsible for preparing HR documents, maintaining accurate and complete personnel and recruitment files, updating checklist and HR trackers as necessary
• Prepare monthly Payroll ensuring staff changes (new hires, terminations etc.) are accurately reflected on HR Monthly Reports and documentation is complete and filed in the personnel file.
Saferworld's human resources policies and procedures, especially all Ethical policies and Safeguarding Policies.
• Ensure the efficient running of Saferworld's office/s, working with other teams to identify and fulfil supply needs and improve or develop systems where necessary.
• Ensure compliance with national and organizational Health and Safety policies, including for any Saferworld staff based in partners offices in Uganda
• Lead annual insurance renewals with the support of Operations Manager in London
• Obtain work permits and visas for expatriate staff or visitors when required
Knowledge, qualifications and experience
• Desirable: Master's degree in Human Resource Management Organisational Psychology, Strategic Management or MBA or an equivalent of Post Graduate Diploma with 3 years' experience in HR Management.
• Bachelor's in Human Resource Management, Industrial and Organisational Psychology, Business Administration or any related field.
• Proven hands-on experience in HR management of over 3-5years preferably in INGO/NGO.
• Knowledge of Payroll Administration and Payroll systems Knowledge of HRIS Strong interpersonal skills and adept at employee relations including conflict resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and exercise confidentiality.
• Highly organized and self-motivated. Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse staff.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and Interested applicants are encouraged to fill in an application form obtained from www.saferworld.org.uk/jobs/jobs . For full job descriptions, please visit Saferworld website.
Deadline for applications: 14 August 2022 not later than 5:00pm EAT by Email to: Human Resources at [email protected] . Only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted.