Job Title: Instrumentation Foreman – Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty Station: Kasese, Uganda
Reports to: Electrical Instrumentation & Automation Unit Lead
Vacancy Code: IFX01
Hima Cement Ltd Profile
Hima Cement Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bamburi Cement Ltd. which is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group. LafargeHolcim is the leading producer of building materials in the world. At Hima Cement, our Vision is “To be the preferred provider of cement and concrete based building solutions in East Africa with a strong focus on customer experience.”
Comply with overall health, safety and environment requirements in the plant, benchmarking it with group safety standards, ensuring cleanliness and proper housekeeping. Plan, review and optimize work order execution, own labor, third party and sub-contracted labor in your area of responsibility. Do routine walk by inspections in the plant ensuring all critical instruments are to standard and in a safe operating condition. Design/develop an annual routine instrument maintenance routine for all plants instruments and ensure compliance. Develop instrumentation team competencies & Skills
Roles and responsibilities
Instrumentation Maintenance Operations
- Carryout robust trouble shooting of Instrumentation failures in the Plant, repair with high precision of quality.
- Record anomalies observed on the equipment during maintenance or daily checks.
- Contribute to the analysis of equipment failures & problems, recommending best corrective actions.
- Perform trial of equipment after every maintenance activity. Ensure timely readiness to efficiently tackle emergencies or urgent breakdowns as programmed.
- Execute weekly work orders according to preventive maintenance plans or scheduled corrective maintenance actions.
- Participate in development of execution Job Plans for all maintenance activities He/She is involved.
- Propose and execute cost reduction initiatives to extend the life of instruments in the plant.
- Perform checks on equipment and generate feedback reports.
- Cooperate with shift leads in the execution of maintenance actions on Crushers, Ball Mills, Vertical roller mill, Kiln and Cement Packers.
Planning and Cost control
- Support the Automation and Instrumentation Engineer in the control of the maintenance budget, ensuring planning and follow-up on key tasks and costs through executing effective solutions to achieve budget and to meet or exceed targets for the assigned equipment.
- Comply with regulations, company goals, Rules, local permits, policies and procedures; optimize the internal processes and structures. Respect MAC/MMS standards; follow up weekly MAC target of scheduling compliance.
OH&S and Environment
- Compliance with OH&S and environment policies & procedures to ensure zero harm.
Minimum Qualifications for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education/experience.
- 3 years’ experience dealing with production or maintenance.
- Experience in heavy industry preferred
- Experience applying FMEA techniques and knowledge of basic problem-solving tools
- Knowledge of cement production process.
- Strong knowledge of Instrumentation field instrumentation equipment maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting.
- Industrial installations and wiring, PLC theory, maintenance, programming and troubleshooting.
- Fiber optic systems. Uninterrupted power systems general knowledge, maintenance.
- Knowledge of MMS (Maintenance management system), ACS, PMA , RCFA Solve, Cost Basics
Profile & Personal Qualities
- Deliver results
- Motivate & develops teams
- Decision making
- Ability to Prioritize
- Problem-solving and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Ability to clearly communicate with teams and individuals
- Good adaptability when faced with challenges or new tasks
- A willingness to learn and grow at the workplace
- Interpersonal skills and a team spirit
- Analytical skills
- Attention to details, accuracy and precision
- Integrity and honesty
How To Apply for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. (Email your application and CV to [email protected] and let’s save the environment).
- Hima Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer, it does not discriminate nor charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process;
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document;
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline: 23rd July 2022