Job Title: Blending Plant Operator – Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Coordinator-Namanve Blending Station
Vacancy Code: BPOX01
Hima Cement Ltd Profile
Hima Cement Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bamburi Cement Ltd. which is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group. LafargeHolcim is the leading producer of building materials in the world. At Hima Cement, our Vision is “To be the preferred provider of cement and concrete based building solutions in East Africa with a strong focus on customer experience.”
The Blending Plant Operator will operate the blending /mixer for the slag cement (other types), load and dispatch the cement. Promote the Holcim maintenance processes, ensuring application of maintenance procedures, methods and best practices. Ensure completion of maintenance jobs with the highest level of quality, safety and effectiveness to maximize equipment availability. Assist the Coordinator Blending Station in implementing the action plans to improve safety, plant operations and equipment reliability and maintenance practices.
The job holder reports to the Coordinator – Namanve Blending Station and ensures product quality through effective and responsible execution of the quality control policies and procedures while maintaining quality procedures which meet quality standards. The scope includes:
- Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Health & Safety Compliance
- Leadership and Behaviour skills
- Supervision of contract workers.
- Market share/Competition
Roles and responsibilities
- Drive compliance of established safety rules, safe work procedures, standards and advisories for the team under your jurisdiction.
- Communicate clearly on information relating to potentially dangerous situations and get confirmation that they are correctly understood.
- Check and correct unsafe conditions and cleanliness in the work place.
- Carry out job hazard analysis and discuss this with the team before work starts. Schedule inspection of working tools and PPE, ensuring that these are in optical condition for safe use.
- Operate the blender to produce blended cement as per set targets and truck loading.
- Organize and mobilize materials, tools and spare requirements aimed at enhancing productivity.
- Provide technical insight and guidance to team members on work methodology as deemed necessary.
- Respond to emergency breakdown repair needs.
- Monitor the time requirements for each job and optical manpower and skills necessary for job(s) execution.
- Develop weekly schedules and job plans for blending Cement and maintenance.
- Carry out daily routine inspection of critical plant equipment and take the necessary corrective action.
- Update maintenance records on repairs, overhauls and modification on mechanical unit.
- Carry out activity of loading jumbo bag slag material onto production line by means of forklift.
- Monitor material stock balance and follow up with logistics team on ensuring sufficient stock balance for both slag and OPC cement.
- Performs on call duties as scheduled or programmed.
Minimum Qualifications for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Mechanical Electromotive, Automotive or Electrical.
- At least three years of work experience in cement process industry.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of relevant equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of practical mechanical operations.
- Good problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and standards.
- Good aptitude for field work.
- Foster team spirit and work pride amongst his workers.
- Reliable, tolerant & determined.
- Able to work extended hours when required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work anywhere within Uganda is an added advantage.
Note: Hima cement will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
How To Apply for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. (Email your application and CV to [email protected] and let’s save the environment).
- Hima Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Human Resource Manager – Corporate
Hima Cement Ltd, Plot 838 Namanve Industrial Park
P.O Box 7230 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 5 th May 2022