Health Specialist (Health System Strengthening) – Kampala
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for a Health Specialist (Health Systems Strengthening) to be based at the Country Office in Kampala . The Health Specialist (HSS), will provide internal guidance and leadership on issues related to health system strengthening, ensure that SC health and nutrition programs utilize state of the art thinking and practices in planning and executing health system strengthening approaches; and ensure that programs are following and being responsive to GOU, technical agency and funder trends, policies, practices and evolving thinking related to HSS. Working across a broad HSS spectrum, the incumbent will initially focus on leveraging SC’s principal area of expertise in service delivery, but then develop a strategy on how best to expand SC’s capabilities in other HSS areas.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- University degree in Health Sciences or related field and at least 5 years of progressive experience in program design, program management, and implementation.
- Experience working in Uganda in one or more health technical areas preferred; HSS and maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition programming for NGOs.
- Experience providing technical assistance related to strengthen institutional and individual capacity in the component areas of health systems at national and sub-national levels.
- Experience working on integrated health and nutrition service delivery programs, with a focus on systems strengthening.
- Demonstrated strength and experience writing technical documents and reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to produce thorough, high quality work within a tight timeframe.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively within a matrix-oriented environment.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Applications Suite.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of time.
- Must be fluent (writing and speaking) in English.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on 29th November 2021 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.