Our client is a wholly-owned subsidiary comprising of a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees, and £56billion of assets under management as of 30th June 2019, the company has been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and it’s one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services. Our client is listed on stock exchanges in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, and New York.
Our client provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees, and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings and making investments, Our client helps to maintain the cycle of growth. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
Job Scope :
Reporting to the Senior Administrator o, the Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for communicating, implementing, and ensuring compliance of the health and safety policies, and Procedures guidelines of the company.
He /She will provide advice on the measures to minimize risks and potential hazards or unhealthy situations.
• Drive the implementation of the health and safety policies, procedures, and programs.
• Assess risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of the company.
• Develop, Coordinate, and Conduct Health and Safety training for employees on a quarterly basis.
• Provide health and safety training to all new employees to ensure effective implementation and employee behaviors related to health and safety standards.
• Oversee workplace repairs, installations, and any other work that could harm employees.
• Detect and advise on a range of specialist areas like fire drills, first aid, any riots /protests, pandemics, among others.
• Investigate causes of accidents and keep on the lookout for any unsafe behaviors or breaks in regulations.
• Liaise with law enforcement and other investigators who are present at the time of a serious accident and provide expertise to incident investigations and analysis.
• Share information, suggestions, and observations with management to create consistency in safety standards throughout the entire company.
• Review existing policies, procedures and implement new protective and preventive measures as required by the company.
• Create safety plans that include suggested areas of improvement to existing infrastructure and business processes and enforce preventive measures.
• Keep records of health and safety activities and compile the relevant data for the company.
• Assume overall responsibility for the safety and security of designated areas. • Patrol designated areas in accordance with the outlined security procedures of the company • Identify potential security risks and respond accordingly.
• Ensure all employees and visitors have proper credentials for accessing offices. • Respond to emergencies and incidents within designated areas promptly and according to the company policies and procedures.
• Escalate emergency situations to management and law enforcement as needed. • Manage & monitor security systems and ensure backups are done monthly. • Investigate suspicious behavior, incidents, and security breaches.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Provision of a monthly report on Health and Safety.
• Create analytical reports of health and safety data.
• Internal weekly incident security report
• Weekly Surveillance reports
• Perform any other duties as may be required by management.
Core Competences Required:
• Relevant Degree/Diploma or equivalent from a recognized University
• Certificate in Occupational Health and safety is an added advantage.
• Must be a registered security Officer.
• 2-3 years working experience in a similar role.
• Previous security-related work experience
• Proficiency with camera surveillance and access technology.
• Working knowledge of public safety, security operation and procedures
• Knowledge of state laws and regulations
• Outstanding surveillance and observation skills
• Ability to exercise good judgment.
• Experience in writing reports and procedures for health and safety.
• Risk assessment skills.
• Ability to investigate incidents.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and activities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
• Knowledge of good safety practices.
• Working knowledge of safety management and information system.
• Ability to document safety manuals.
Applications should be made through the Brightermonday portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' Button