Head of Programmes & Partnerships
Jobs at:Restless Development
Deadline of this Job:
08 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
We are run out of hubs in nine countries across Africa, Asia and in the UK and USA, with a wider network of partners across the world. We have been working with young people since 1985 and our work is led by thousands of young volunteers and advocates every year.
Formerly known as SPW, Restless Development Uganda has been operating for over 25 years. As part of a global agency for youth-led development, we have been a national leader in engaging and supporting young people to make lasting change in their communities and countries. Working across the country, with a central office in Kampala, we aim to work with young people’s priorities in 4 key goal areas: Voice, Living, Sexual Rights and Leadership.
About the Role.
Restless Development Uganda is the go-to agency and thought-leader in youth-led development and community engagement in the country. Key priorities in initial stages of this Head of Programmes & Partnerships role will include:
• Leading fundraising and partnership development to diversify funding sources
• Oversight and support of all Programmes and the People function
• Supporting an incoming Hub Director into their new role
• Assisting to respond to shifts in the political and legal landscape
You will play an essential role in the leadership of the Uganda Hub, working alongside the Director and deputising where necessary to help set strategic direction, build partnerships and drive performance across all Units in the hub. Working closely with the Leadership Team, you will provide support and oversight for the programmatic and partnership functions of the agency, ensuring they are implemented to a high standard.
Skills and Experience.
Restless Development invites applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Commitment to Restless Development’s values and mission (available on Restless Development International website).
• Substantial and recent experience in a leadership role within an NGO/INGO at country level.
• Proven success in the following areas: programme management, fundraising/partnerships, business development.
• Experience in budget management across multiple projects, monitoring financial risks, and financial forecasting against plans and targets.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and interpret organisational data sets suitable for management, board, and global senior management audiences.
• Proven success in cultivating relationships with external stakeholders.
• Experience of oversight of multiple teams and units.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Excellent IT skills, especially Excel, Power-point, and Word.
• A role model, able to gain the respect of the management and wider staff team
• Experience of working with and for young people.
• Knowledge of relevant national and international strategies and frameworks in the areas of youth empowerment, sexual and reproductive health, livelihoods and other poverty related global development priorities.
• Understanding of national legal and governance Uganda landscape.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please send a completed application form to [email protected] by Tuesday 8th June, 2021 .
Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters. First round interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 14th June 2021.
Only successful candidates will be notified. Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.