Head of Programmes
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes, a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Head of Programmes to play a vital role in our vision to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Leading role in the implementation of the overall Country Programme Strategy, ensuring an integrated programme approach that adheres to international WaterAid standards and policies.
• Take specific responsibility for coordinating, managing and reporting on the implementation of programmes in accordance with donor proposals, guidelines and ensuring high quality programming.
• Manage Programme teams to deliver on the programme strategy, providing leadership and guidance in line with WaterAid HR policies and procedures.
• Work with Head of Finance and Project leads to ensure close management of relevant budgets and expenditures in compliance with donor guidelines.
• Work across functional teams to contribute to the overall effectiveness and impact through participating in various national and international forums/ platforms and initiatives in a bid to have sustainable improvements in the provision of safe water, sanitation and hygiene for the poor and marginalized in Uganda.
To be Successful, you will need:
• Masters level qualification in WASH related disciplines such as Environmental health, Public Health, WASH Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Gender and WASH, Financing and WASH. Or equivalent.
• Extensive experience working in a development and/or humanitarian context, with prior 7 years’ experience in senior programme management, including experience in planning, developing and evaluating Programmes.
• Prior WASH related experience is a must
• Strong strategic leadership and managerial skills to co-ordinate the WaterAid program team to deliver on WaterAid strategic objectives.
• Advanced written and spoken english
• Significant experience of programme design and successful proposal development.
You can find the full Job Description and the application form: https://wateraid.assetbank-server.com/assetbank-wateraid/action/viewDownloadSharedAsset?download=75726f30464e5839314b704f423632724d6c4e5571773d3d&asset=6e615631426b4d49694e70335877417370596b5577773d3d&source=Talent%20Network&source=Careerbuilder
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Fill in the application form and send with a cover letter to [email protected] by 6th August 2021 stating Head of Programmes in the subject line.