Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Head Data
Reports to: Head Research
Directly Supervises: Records Officers and Data Officers.
Station: JCRC Headquarters in Lubowa.
The Head Data is responsible for the integrity, timely input and completeness of JCRC research data. S/he also resolves queries and ensures that timely and accurate project reports are produced.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Resolve and respond to data queries as a measure of cleaning data by updating the database on a regular basis to ensure clean data storage
• Supervise data entrants and provide feedback and evaluation as per JCRC guidelines.
• Perform daily backups to ensure safety storage of data.
• Perform data extractions and analysis for M&E quarterly reports and other reports as well as upcoming research study preparations.
• Provide training to new database users.
• Trouble shoot, install and maintain various databases.
• Develop and oversees implementation of appropriate standards, policies and procedures for data management to ensure validity and integrity at all levels both at head office and all RCEs.
• Participate in the development of appropriate data collection tools, data capture and validation templates, and databases in line with JCRC data and information needs.
• Oversee the development and implementation of JCRC wide data warehouse in line with JCRC wide data and information needs.
• Oversee the development and implementation of JCRC virtual library and information systems.
• Participate in the development of research protocols (statistical methodology).
• Ensure that all data generated is accurate, timely, consistent and valid in line with all Research Protocols and in supporting JCRC management decision making.
• Participate in the planning and filling of staffing needs and setting up of performance standards for all staff engaged in data processes in all JCRC.
• Guide relevant staff of JCRC and collaborators in the analysis, interpretation and presentation of JCRC data / information in line with specific needs.
• Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
Qualifications and experience:
• Masters of Bio-Statistics or a Masters of Statistics from a recognised institution.
• At least 5 years progressive experience managing data preferably in a medical research-based institution.
• Must have advanced computer skills, particularly spreadsheets & data bases.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and writing skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to:
• Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] : The application deadline is Friday 30th July, 2021.
• Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.