World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Grant Accountant – UNDP Grant
Report to: Project Manager
Location: Adjumani District
Purpose of the position:
Work with the response finance manager and project manager in budget preparations, monitoring grants budgets, MYPBAS commitments against approved budgets and expenditure, prepare financial reports and assist finance & operations staff in understanding basics of government/multilateral grants regulations and World Vision International Financial policies.
Documentation, reporting and knowledge management
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual program financial reports to different donors, follow-ups and maintain donors’ relationships.
Audit & Risk Management
- Prepare grants for audits, review and assist in the implementation of program and financial audit recommendations with a view of providing adequate implementation plan to ensure recommendations are implemented on timely basis.
- Prepare and revise program budgets and cash flows in line with donor requirements, financial policies and procedures and advise management concerning appropriate actions to be taken in order to achieve set objectives in line with donor requirements
Payment of project expenses
- Review program expenditures to ensure proper documentation, coding, donor requirements and WV financial policies compliances, budget availability and initiate any necessary corrections or adjustments
Track Payable & Receivable
- Track payable and receivable accounts for vendors and program staff on a monthly basis and maintain them at low levels so as not to put program funds at risk.
Update Grant document
- Update grant files with proposals, grant agreements, budgets, financial reports, narrative reports, cost extensions, no cost extensions and other relevant correspondences.
- Track and Monitor the use of program assets and equipment as per World Vision Policies and provide assets and equipment report to the management on quarterly basis for corrective actions.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Degree in Business Administration/Commerce-with Accounting option
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional work experience in accounting, preferable with NGO
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Good communication, writing, facilitation;
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable
- Excellent computer application skills in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Team player, Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills (word, Excel, power point preferred)
- Communication skill and Reporting skills
Perform other duties as required