Job Title: – GOAL Uganda Jobs 2021 Logistics Officer
Job Location: Bugiri
GOAL is currently seeking to hire an experienced, qualified, and business minded Agricultural Market Systems Officer (MSO) to join our existing team in Agago under the anticipated Uganda Youth Engine (UYE) project. If you have worked directly with agribusinesses/MSMEs, are familiar with and have experience in market systems development and private sector engagement approaches and have worked with programs promoting youth and other vulnerable groups (women, refugees and persons with disabilities) participation in livelihoods and market systems context within Uganda and internationally, then this role is perfect for you!
About the Project
This 2-year project targets 10,000 rural young women and men to increase their engagement in income-generating activities within the cassava, sunflower, and soya value chains in Northern Uganda. At least 70% of the youth targeted will be young women. As a result of the project young entrepreneurs will have the information, skills and coping mechanisms needed, will have networks in, and access to agro-input and output markets to engage actively and sustainably and will have access to and are using formal and digital financial services to invest in and grow their businesses in the agricultural market system. Our consortium of partners has been specifically put together to support the improved business climate for these value chains in Northern Uganda, addressing market system (framework condition) weaknesses in value-chain financing, access to inputs and improved technologies, efficient aggregation and off-taking of product, improved quality of product, goods and services, and increased digitalization of business products and services.
The logistics officer will be based at Goal Field Office in Bugiri supporting all Logistics and Procurement activities with support from GOAL Country Office in Kampala.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible and accountable for all supply chain related activities with respect to the following tasks
• Receive purchase requests (PRS) from users in Bugiri and in consultation with the procurement Manager, sends out enquiries or request for offer to potential suppliers.
• Receives offers/quotations from suppliers and prepare bid analysis for purchases and have all approvals completed according to the Procurement Chart.
• Ensures that for each article purchased is as per GOAL procurement chart and an official purchase order placed according to the best price in proportion to quality.
• Ensures that purchases are done on timely manner in reference to Logistics time frame.
• Ensures that all purchased goods are delivered according specification to the end customer and/or beneficiaries. If goods are going directly to users/customers, the officer will organise their safe keeping in the organisations warehouse.
• Checks all invoices for logistics services against orders made by the logistics office.
• Monitors and summarises all receipts and provides an activity to the Procurement Manager and all field logistics officers on a weekly basis.
• Ensures that staff adhere to all GOAL procurement procedures.
• Prepares all needed documents for Finance department, in order to obtain the cash or cheque needed to purchase the goods or supplies.
• Prepare payments of suppliers in a timely and accountable process and ensures that all necessary supporting documents are attached.
• Ensures that expenses in excess of the budget should always be discussed with the Procurement Manager in coordination with the Field operations Manager prior to purchase.
• Keep a weekly track on prices for all purchased articles and ensure relevant section of the GOAL vendor roster is updated in reference with the Procurement Manager advised accordingly.
• Follows up the change of prices of the market and advise the Procurement Manager and Field operation Manager.
• Ensures that the price list is updated in a timely manner and forwarded to all Project Managers.
• Keep all filing up to date; order requests, quotations, and three quote file, purchase orders, supplier documentation.
• Ensures that the open order sheet is always updated and circulated every Friday of the week .
• Receives and registers payment request forms (PRFS) from finance and logistics field officers and, in consultation with the Logistics Coordinator and Procurement Manager, have all approvals completed according to the Procurement Chart .
• Ensures that the payment tracking sheet is always updated and circulated every Wednesday of the week to finance in Kampala.
• Ensures that at the end of the month all completed files are copied and filed in the Logistics office.
Fixed Assets Management
• Ensure all assets received from Kampala have an asset number and are engraved properly
• Follow up the movement of assets to all field locations and report monthly any discrepancies with the monthly asset register.
• Brief immediately the Logistics Manager if any issues arise.
• Manage the shipment of all assets to be repaired; fill out equipment repair form before sending any equipment/asset to Kampala and follow up.
• Ensure that disposal/damage loss report for assets is filled in, have signed off by the Field operations manager and Logistics Manager.
Stocks & Warehouse Management
• Implementation of all stores management procedures and associated documents in line with GOAL Logistics Manual;
• Responsible to manage the logistics stock, including the stationary store, and ensure that the warehouse is clean & tidy at all times.
• Fill, for all movement of goods in and out the stores , all documentation according the GOAL Logistics Manual;
• Do a physical monthly 30% 6-monthly (100%) physical inventory.
• Monitor the minimum stock levels if applicable and take action accordingly.
• Make the monthly stock report and send to Logistics Manager
• Update all stock cards with all data (GRN, SRF etc.) and separate stock cards held by Donor, item and date for pharmaceuticals.
• Ensure Internal Requisition Forms (IRFs) are completed for all items requested from stores
• Share stock movement sheets (SMS) shared weekly with programme staff, management and others as required.
• Reconcile stocks issued for distributions with the distribution lists and left over donation stock returned to the warehouse and accounted for on the stock cards.
• Keep high-value / attractive and moveable items (e.g. spare parts, pool asset) secure.
• Complete Goods Received Notes (GRN) issue and file on receipt of all stock into the warehouse and delivery dockets issued for the movement of stock between locations.
• File all stores paperwork in accordance with the logistics manual in a secure location.
• Complete and update stock cards for all stock items on receipt and dispatch of stock.
• Ensure the good condition of GOAL Bugiri premises.
• Discuss with Finance and Logistics all possible maintenance or rehabilitation works needed.
• If requested, get quotations locally and prepare the contracts for the local works.
• Monitor all local works to ensure compliance to contract terms and conditions
• Responsible for hygiene and tidiness in and around the GOAL premises and the disposal of waste in an environmentally responsible manner (guidelines will be given by the Logistics Manager)
• Keep confidential all sensitive/security related information pertinent or concerning GOAL.
• Ensure regular health and safety checks carried out of the offices (eg fire extinguishers, fire / smoke alarms, fire evacuation procedures, fire blankets, first aid kits, drinking water, garbage disposal, repairs & maintenance etc) and all health and safety equipment in place and operational.
• Conduct fire drills at least biannually and act as fire marshal.
• Ensure office is fumigated for pests regularly
• Ensure communication equipment (HF, VHF, Sat-Phones, Mobile Phones, etc.) secured against theft, tracked and monitored.
• Develop and implement maintenance schedule for Generator repairs, Ensure that generators are all in running conditions and follow up any maintenance required.
• Compile a monthly logistics report and send to the Logistics Manager by the 1st of every month.
• The ideal candidate must hold a University Degree or equivalent, or relevant technical qualification.
• Three years of work experience with an NGO in a related logistics function (exceptionally, degree or qualification may be replaced by a minimum of 6 years’ experience directly relevant to the post)
• Good computer skills.
• Basic supervisory skills.
• Highly organized.
• Strong skills in prioritization.
• Ability to understand budgets.
• Good interpersonal communication skills.
• Level 4 CIPS
• Experience in budgeting, planning and report writing.
How To Apply for GOAL Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with 3 reference contacts who must be Current or former line managers and daytime contact number to; [email protected] indicating the title ‘Logistics & Procurement Officer’ in the subject line. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
Deadline: 22nd August 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.