Job Title: Operations Specialist – Glovo Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Glovo Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Western Asia and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you’ll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
The Glover Specialist will be responsible to lead and supervise the Glover Specialist as they conduct day-to-day operations, managing the Couriers, helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with Management and ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organizations financial and operations functions.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Plans and oversees strategic, operational, and administrative programs, projects, and/or services of broad significance to the organization within the designated functional area of focus.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Provides strategic advice and recommendations to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices, and procedures within the specified functional area of focus.
- Recruit, train and onboard the entire fleet of Couriers (couriers) in the new city
- Be responsible for implementing processes and optimizing strategies involving the acquisition and retention of Couriers
- Have a Data Sensitive approach, making sure that all the information is transferred to our database and reports
- Analyzes, designs, documents, and implements internal reporting systems and procedures for the organization or business entity, within a specified functional area of operation, as applicable to the specified functional area of focus.
- Be responsible for all documentation and contracts of Couriers in the city
- Be there for the Couriers when they need support
- Take care of procurement, ensuring that all Couriers receive the work kit and are ready to spread the Glovo brand
- Ensure that all Couriers are properly trained and prepared to provide feedback to the Fleet Operations Manager
- Manage scheduling, attendance and general administration of Info-Sessions while supporting daily operations through operational supervision and analysis of KPIs
- Communicate effectively with the local Operations Manager on customer support processes and operations
- Improve processes on behalf of Couriers through projects (when necessary)
- Recommend effective strategies for the financial well-being of Glovo.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals.
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures by Couriers.
- Identify channels to source new leads and potential Couriers through both online and offline mediums
- Analyze daily and weekly operation metrics with a macro view of the long-term success of the city.
- Optimize delivery times and Courier earnings.
- Develop analytical frameworks and models for your city and the region
- Oversee organizational insurance policies. Ensure health and Safety committee meetings are held and tasks assigned.
- Ensure service levels are maintained and customer satisfaction achieved.
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
Diploma or Bachelor’s in Engineering, Economics or similar education is an added advantage.
Computer literacy in MS programs or ERP systems.
2 +years of experience in high demanding positions (operations, consulting, investment banking, etc.).
Experience in on-demand delivery is a plus
Open to directions and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
Effective English written and communication skills
Results oriented, autonomous and efficient
Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
Ability to look at situations from several points of view
Persuasive with details and facts
An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
Enticing equity plan
Top-notch private health insurance
Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
Discounted gym memberships
Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
External learning budget
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
Gas: We work with energy, innovation and passion for what we do. We are committed.
Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, and abilities.
Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
How To Apply for Glovo Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .