Jobs at:Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Within Uganda , Hoima , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The KP coordinator will be responsible for designing innovative approaches to managing the portfolio for key population and gender mainstreaming.
1. Provide strategic direction for Key population/GBV program design, planning and implementation within Baylor-Uganda programs.
2. Develop, review and manage key population program work plans and budgets.
3. Build capacity of project staff and key district stakeholders in interventions for key and priority populations including Gender Integration through training and mentorship.
4. Represent Baylor-Uganda during national, regional and district technical working group and other stakeholder meetings.
5. Coordinate and monitor progress of implementation of KP and GBV interventions.
6. Prepare and avail timely KP and gender mainstreaming program reports.
7. Provide routine technical assistance visits to targeted key population health facilities and KP led/leaning Community Based Organizations.
8. Closely work with Research department to provide oversight in the execution of operational research for key population.
9. Develop and maintain effective corporate, government, and community partnerships or relations that enhance impactful key population programs.
10. Provide leadership to the Key population program team and KP peer leaders to ensure timely recruitment, their retention and performance through timely performance appraisal, coaching and professional development.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• A Bachelors degree in Medicine or Social Work or any other related degree
• A Master’s degree in Public Health
• Background degree in medicine and surgery or related degree. If background degree is in Medicine, employee must be registered with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council
• 5 years of relevant working experience preferably in health development with a reputable international NGO, and direct experience with government and donor representatives.
• 3 years of experience in managing key population and gender mainstreaming programs and must have solid working knowledge (practical skills) in the following areas: Key population, priority population, Gender mainstreaming, post GBV care.
• 5 Years Relevant Experience
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/jobs/job-application/287/opportunity-welcome