World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Front Desk Officer – 2 Positions
Report to: Senior Administration Officer
Location: Kampala – National Office
Purpose of the position:
The front desk officer is responsible for reception area management and will be the first point of contact for the organization. The position will require that all front desk responsibilities are delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. The incumbent will also support administrative procedures and maintain a high standard in the reception area.
Front Desk Operations / Customer Care
- Screen phone calls, enquiries and requests and relay appropriate messages accordingly.
- Ensure that incoming communications/correspondences are responded to professionally and reliably passed on to the appropriate person(s).
- Assist guests who have inquiries and provide clients with information on World Vision activities, guide them to the appropriate ministry/departments for support and engage them in a professional, respectful manner.
- Maintain a welcoming front desk and waiting area atmosphere at all times. Reception area should be kept tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and reading material.
- Receive and dispatch documentation (correspondences, contracts) to different service providers, contractors, suppliers via courier services.
- Support department procurement processes, through PROVISION; receive and process invoices, deliveries and payments.
- Review and prepare payments for office utilities (electricity, phone bills, courier services etc.) and follow up on payments to service providers.
- Responsible for handling staff CUG airtime and data loading to facilitate efficient communication.
- Order department supplies and stationery, maintain inventory of stock, advice on replenishments.
- Liaise with department focal persons to coordinate meetings and events – support to ensure adequate logistical requirements are provided.
- Any other duties, as may be assigned.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Diploma / higher education in secretarial studies, business administration or related field.
- At least One year’s relevant business work experience in the same role.
- Computer literacy with experience in Microsoft Office suite software programs and strong information technology skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management/networking, and coordination skills
- Ability to exercise high level of professionalism and customer service at the front desk
- High integrity and proven commitment to accountability practices
- Responsiveness and attention to detail.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Ability to effectively use and maintain office equipment
Spiritual maturity with ability to articulate and model our Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.