Job Title: No Experience Electrician Master – Fluor Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Fluor Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Fluor Uganda Profile:
Fluor Corporation is an American multinational engineering and construction firm headquartered in Irving, Texas. It is a holding company that provides services through its subsidiaries in the following areas: oil and gas, industrial and infrastructure, government and power.
Plans layout, installs and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment in accordance with applicable codes, standards and manufacturer’s recommendations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials.
- Provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using tools such as hacksaw, pipe threader and conduit bender.
- Pulls wiring through conduit, assisted by electrician helper.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, using knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps per accepted codes and standards.
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment, using hand tools.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit-breaker panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts, using hand tools and power tools.
- Connects power cables and ground leads to equipment and other electrical utilization equipment such as motors, HVAC units, etc.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components, using testing instruments, such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation or replacement. May repair faulty equipment or systems.
- Master – Possesses all of the journey level skills, having verifiable minimum experience and/or holds an accepted certification, license and/or degree. Usually considered the most experienced, highest skilled professional in their respective field.
May provide supervision for a specific crew. Requires little or no supervision.
As directed by management, may supervise employees or subcontractor personnel in accordance with the “General Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities” addendum.
- Position may be located in a wide variety of environments, from conventional indoor office workspace to project worksites with harsh, working and living conditions.
- To ensure compliance with safety, health and security requirements in the contract, the employee will possess the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language at the intermediate level as necessary to perform assigned job functions.
- Position requires the basic skills and physical ability necessary to perform assigned job functions.
- Fluor values the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Job ID: 127110BR
How To Apply for Fluor Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th May 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .