Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The finance manager will provide an effective oversight role of the organizational and project finance management services, which follow donor JCRC’s policies and procedures, also plans and directs programs of the Finance function and provides sound financial advice to the project leadership tea. The finance manager oversees particular financial management functions with the focus on accounting, budget control, Grant and cash management functions. He/she will oversee the overall project budgeting preparation, management and monitoring processes. Perform financial analysis, reporting and management activities. Ensure that the financial reports are accurately prepared and promptly delivered to all relevant stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that all financial operations are in line with JCRC and donor Prescribed financial policies.
2. Upon the guidance of Director Financial Management & Operations, oversee the day-to-day accounting activities of JCRC;
3. Maintain a sound financial and management system and procedures that will enhance acquisition, control and accountability of all resources.
4. Coordinate implementation of financial policies, practices and procedures in order to ensure internal control and compliance to both organizational and donor policies and procedures.
5. Ensure prudent control of income and expenditures and conduct of general financial administration;
6. Ensure timely preparation and submission of timely periodical financial reports and billing to various stakeholders in accordance with specified formats and signed contracts
7. Ensure that all finance staff are fully utilizing the financial information management system for data entry, reporting and future analysis;
8. Preparation and produce final accounts for audit purposes, coordinate the audit process and exercise
9. Provide support and guidance to project personnel in regards to financial decision making processes; further build JCRC’s staff capacity in financial and donor management
10. Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the project.
11. Supervise and prepare periodical financial management reports for project management consumption.
12. Assist the director financial management & operations in developing, implementing and monitoring long-term financial plans, goals and objectives focused on achieving the project objectives.
13. Supervise and capacity build the staff within the finance function against appropriate performance standards and provide mechanisms for performance improvement.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. An advanced degree in Accounting or Business Administration/Management with a bias in Accounting and a member of professional accounting bodies (ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
2. At least five years of progressively responsible and professional accounting experience at the same level preferably in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
3. Strong working experience in managing different donor funded projects (including USAID).
4. Strong experience in being able to prepare, analyze and make sound recommendations on complex financial data and operations, being able to quickly evaluate investment options and make sound, prudent investment recommendations consistent with JCRC’s policy, and share the recommendations with the finance and non-finance staff and or stakeholders;
5. Demonstrated ability to create and maintain successful working partnerships with donors, local government, and partners;
6. Proficiency and experience with working with computerized accounting packages is a Must. Experience with working with Navision Dynamic system shall be an added advantage.
7. Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management.
8. Must have strong interpersonal skills, and possess exceptional writing and presentation skills;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021