Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Role
The Finance Associate will play a key role in finance operations of our business, including keeping financial records, preparing reports, processing business transactions, handling accounts payable and expense reports and updating financial information. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Daily/Monthly postings of Sales, Expenses, purchase invoices and Card expenses with all reconciliations
• Payments processing – Preparation of vendor payment vouchers in the company’s accounting system (Xero) & upload to the bank
• Petty cash management and processing petty cash vouchers.
• Account reconciliations for all Banks, Cards and Petty Cash
• Provide support for external party requirements e.g Banks etc
• Monthly closing and updating of all Schedules
• Filing and ensuring all accounting records are properly kept and that the records can be easily retrieved when necessary (Digital or Physical)
• Ensure taxes are calculated and filed accurately and in a timely manner
• Assist in the preparation and creation of Finance Standard operating procedures
• Dig through data and analyse it to find any variances/anomalies and help the tech team sort them out
• Participate in the annual statutory audit.
• Any other duty assigned to you by management
What We Offer
• Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
• Flexible vacation
• All risk Insurance
• Office lunch
• Opportunity for company stock options
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or business related discipline from a reputable university.
• Professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, CPA and CFA would be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 2-years relevant work experience.
• Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Good grasp of financial & management accounting.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Excellent knowledge of accounts analysis and reconciliation.
• Ability to prepare financial statements.
• Excellent grasp taxation & relevant legislation.
• Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit: https://www.sendyit.com/careers#op-448444-finance-associate-uganda