Jobs at:Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Deadline of this Job:
01 August 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Role Title : Finance Assistant
Reports to : Finance and Operations Manager (FOM)
Duty station : MJAP Head Office
Role Definition :
Process, avail, organize and account for all payments according to the MJAP and funder’s financial guidelines
Key Results Areas
• Receive all delivery notes and invoices for goods purchased and check approval for payment.
• Prepare payment vouchers for approved transactions, raise checks for review by the FOM and approval by the Executive Director, and advise the head of department on further action to complete the transactions.
• Check the system and reconcile accounts for previous payments to ensure no duplicated payments are made.
• Prepare cheques requisition for payment and submission to the Accountant
• Receive all signed documents and cheques and contact suppliers to collect their payments.
• Follow up with the clients whose cheques have not been presented to the bank for payment after one month’s period.
• Process the transaction on the accounting system to create a record thereof on the system.
• Record and file all documents of payments made to ensure easy retrieval thereof when required and to maintain an accurate record of transactions
• Accurately maintain files and undertake archiving.
• Process all bank transactions, pay as approved to the payees, and collect all supportive documents
• Funds for transfer and the relevant documents/Cheques are reviewed for accuracy and approvals and delivered on time.
• Cheques & transfers are prepared and submitted for signature by FOM and the ED
• Process approved petty cash transactions on the system to establish a correct record thereof
• Cash balances received from program advances and banked in the respective bank accounts.
• Acting as the agent to all the Bank accounts by cashing and depositing cash and cheques
• Jointly with the Accounts Officer and other budget holders prepare monthly cash projections
• Support to the internal review, Audit and reporting process
Qualifications & key competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or comparable certifications/qualifications
• Extensive computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access
• High level of Accuracy
• Good interpersonal skills, analytical skills, communication skills and organizational skills
• A high level of integrity
• Organized with good time management and the ability to multitask
• Able to work on own initiative
• Ability to meet deadline of financial timelines
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application procedure Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the email below and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to: [email protected] addressed to;
The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP), not later than 1 st August 2022 at 5:00pm, clearly stating the position applied for in the subject line. The Application letter, CV and certificates be attached as one document; and should not exceed 5 MB. MJAP does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process. 3 MJAP is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.