Field Epidemiology Trainer
Jobs at:Makerere University School of Public Health
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Makerere University School of Public Health received supplemental funding through a non-competitive grant from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to support the Ministry of Health public health emergency response to COVID-19 with the aim of limiting the human-to-human transmission and minimize the impact of COVID-19 in Uganda.
The MakSPH project team is looking for a self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Field Epidemiology Trainer Public Health Fellowship Program (PHFP/ Frontline). The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and innovative team player. The candidate will work with the Resident Advisor/ project coordinator to organize and conduct trainings for the Frontline Program as needed. .
• Help organize program workshops and coordinate logistics as needed
• Track attendance and progress of trainees
• Assist with teaching and mentoring the trainees both during class and between sessions
• Track trainee mentorship and ensure sufficient support to all trainees
• Travel to the field as needed to support trainees
• Provide support to other mentors as needed with topical questions
• Support the program coordinator with any additional needs
• Required Academic Qualifications: The successful applicant should have a Master’s degree in Public Health
Essential Requirements: At least 1-3 years of relevant experience in the public health field at the district level or above
Job Skills : Not Specified
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should write a cover letter expressing their fitness for the position, attach their CV and send it as one PDF to the link below before 15 April 2021 .