Job Title: – FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2021 6 Fresher Locum Community Experts
Organization: FHI 360 Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Supervisor: Technical Director (Nutrition)
Duration: 3 months
FHI 360 Uganda Profile:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries.
The USAID’s Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (USAID MCHN) Activity is a five-year program designed and funded by USAID/Uganda to improve maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition outcomes in Uganda through strengthening leadership and governance, the rollout of national strategies and programs, and coordination and cooperation across stakeholders
The locum community experts will support community outreaches and home visits at Kawempe division urban poor community for community resource persons and will ensure integration of nutrition service into routine outreach service and align and ensuring the reporting of nutrition data. This will improve the quality and coverage of nutrition services at the urban poor community supported by USAID MCHN Activity which communicates project result area 1.3; MCHN service delivery in Kampala improved
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Identification of under-five children with acute malnutrition and reduction in associated mortality.
• Enhance capacity of community and facility linkages to deliver lifesaving and prevention interventions for children with acute malnutrition in Kawempe Division.
• Enhance community detection, referral and follow-up of children with acute malnutrition in Kawempe Division to reduce default and early deaths.
• Strengthen the enabling environment to deliver lifesaving and prevention interventions for children with acute malnutrition in Kawempe Division.
Locum community experts will work for 8.5 hour per day and maximum of twenty-two (22) days per month. Each locum Nutritionist will support two (02) urban poor community clusters of 30 households.
Biweekly report shared with FHI360 and a copy of monthly report and timesheet signed and endorsed by the health facility Incharge on the last working day of the month.
MCHN will support Officials from Kawempe KCCA to conduct support supervision on monthly basis to ensure quality integrated community nutrition services. MCHN will support entry and review meeting for the lucum community experts.
Qualifications for FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2021
Education and Experience
The applicant should have bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and three years of experience working in health facility setting. Knowledge on Baby Friendly Health Facility Initiative (BFHI) is an added advantage
Skills and Competencies
• Excellent knowledge on nutrition service delivery in health facility setting.
• Knowledge on Health Facility HMIS reporting tools and nutrition registers.
• Ability to use nutrition data and inform decision making.
• Organization and mobilization skills, attention to Detail, Confidentiality, thoroughness, Results Driven.
• Proficient in use of the computer and Microsoft packages such as excel, word and power point presentation.
• Ability to work in a team (good team player)
• Able to work under pressure and deliver on time.
How To Apply for FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested qualified job applicants who meet the above criteria should ONLY submit a soft copy of Cover letter, CV, Academic transcripts and Three professional referees in one attachment to [email protected]
Closing Date: 18th June 2021 at 5:00 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.