Female ICT& Data Management Lead
Jobs at:International NGO
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Learn more about International NGO
International NGO jobs in Uganda
We are hunting for an outstanding female to fill the position of ICT& Data Management Lead for an international NGO. The organization specifically needs to fill the position with a female candidate with good truck record and experience in this position. Therefore, only women are required to apply.
Job Title: Female ICT& Data Management Lead
No. of Direct Reports: 4-12
S/he will ensure a robust and adequate data system to enhance the collection, management and analysis of program data. S/he will lead the implementation of the Organisations' global Management Information system tools. S/he will support all the technical staff in the management information system department and will manage any data related activities in the program. The incumbent will lead the Information Technology (IT) team to proactively support the full range of IT needs of The Organisation. S/He will empower the team to solve technical challenges in a multi-server environment using a variety of software systems and applications. S/he will ensure full compliance with MS IT Policies and donor regulations. A key deliverable will be to ensure that all information systems for programmatic activities are streamlined integrated, and cost efficiencies are realized across systems.
Key Data Management Responsibilities.
• Coordinate data management activities including quality, completeness, safety, storage and recovery
• Provide high quality data summaries to the teams for evidence?based planning and decision making
• Set up and test the databases and conduct data validation checks
• Participate in the development of project related data collection instruments.
• Coordinate with various departments and perform integration of critical systems.
• Ensure data integrity, confidentiality and availability through enforcing the efficient application and use of the existing security measures like data backups, recovery and business continuity tests.
• Design and develop advanced database querying solutions including SQL stored procedures and triggers
• Direct daily operations of a department, analysing workflows, establishing priorities, developing standard operating procedures and setting deadlines for the teams.
• Coordinate in consultation with users, management, vendors, and technicians to ensure effective system solution delivery.
• Train manage and support data teams in providing data management support to stake holders.
• Direct operations of the ICT department, analysing workflows, establishing priorities and developing standards.
• Oversee the coordination in consultation with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess technology needs, contractual and system requirements.
• Manage the supervision of multiple systems to work in unison, either internally or throughout a prescribed network of external platforms.
• Evaluate the organizations technology use and needs to recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
• Take final and overall responsibility for the security/confidentiality of all IT infrastructure, information and data, including rigorous back-up processes and information governance training.
• Introduce/initiate, and maintain Information Systems, Technology policies, procedures and best practice.
• Develop budgets to accommodate the technological communication needs of various departments and service areas.
• Oversee and advise on ICT procurements, including maintaining IT market knowledge, and supporting competitive bidding processes to ensure delivery of cost-effective solutions.
• Coordinate Web and online content management.
• Train manage and support ICT team in providing IT support and maintenance services to THE ORGANISATIONG.
• Provide periodic IT infrastructure status reports to Senior Management and the Audit team.
Knowledge and Experience
• Demonstrated experience in managing large scale GIS networks MIS database systems in a busy environment
• Knowledge of demand side financing and health insurance systems in Uganda strongly preferred
• Knowledge and Skills in advanced database querying solutions including SQL stored procedures and triggers
• Experience in virtual private networks highly desirable
• Working knowledge of various statistical programmes (e.g., Epi lnfo, SPSS,)
• Good working knowledge of MS office applications (e.g. excel, access, word and power point)
• Good data analytical and presentation skills
• Excellent communicator with ability to manage a diverse team
• Demonstrated experience in managing IT for a busy non-profit of private sector company of similar scale
• Proven ability to develop and implement robust IT policies and systems
• Systems design experience desirable
• Experience with cloud systems highly desirable
• Experience in change management
• Experience in electronic database development and management
• Strong knowledge of Ugandan telecommunications environment and capacity
• Ability to communicate effectively to non-technical teams about MIS and database systems
• Experience in performance metric dashboard development
• Demonstrated ability in costed work plan development
Qualifications and Training (essential/ desirable)
• University Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, Master’s degree in Information technology is desirable
• Additional technical qualification or Master’s degree is highly desirable
• Proven skills in GIS programming necessary
• In-depth knowledge of software, hardware and LAN (local area network) integration is necessary
• 3+ years’ experience in the implementation, administration and management of several data management tools including databases and spreadsheets
• Good knowledge and skills of working Microsoft SQL Server 2008 &MySQL databases
• Professional Qualification in MSCSQLP or MSDBA is an added advantage
• Proven skills in virtual private networks highly desirable
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To Apply, please send your application to [email protected]