Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
12 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Requisition ID: req19239
Job Title: Enrolled Nurses
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Bidibidi, Uganda
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kit gum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Enrolled nurse will be responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality and efficient clinical services to clients at IRC facilities, ensuring that high standards are adhered to in assessments, handling of emergencies, treatment and administration of medicines according to the Uganda Ministry of Health guidelines
• Provide information to clients to reduce their vulnerability to diseases and infections through health education both at facility and community.
• Attend to clients and provide treatments as prescribed by the clinicians. Actively participate in the close monitoring of patient vitals and timely informing the clinicians to review when necessary.
• Participate in client referral and transfer process as need arise
• Dispense drugs and other medical items to clients where necessary
• Participate in awareness creation and sensitization in the communities on communicable and non-communicable diseases e.g. HIV, TB e.t.c
• Participate in community engagements such as integrated outreaches and community dialogues when called upon.
• Participate in the capacity building of community based health workers and other members (i.e. CME’S) Participate in the drawing and implementation of work plans for the clinic
• Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
• Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation
• Ensure adherence to good practices of infection prevention and control at work.
• Undertake any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisors.
• Provide regular feedback to the clinicians on status of the patients
• Assist in preparation of donor reports;
• Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/requisition/19239/application?c=rescue&jobboardid=0#1