Jobs at:Corsu Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
08 July 2022
Within Uganda , Entebbe , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To provide individualized patient care to a diversity of patients and make significant difference in the lives of patients and their families.
Roles and Duties
• Order and pick drugs from pharmacy and always keep proper accountability.
• Ensure enough supplies for the unit by requesting for the required items. e.g. drugs, consumables, stationary etc.
• Ensure there is enough clean linen on the unit with proper accountability.
• Administer drugs on time as prescribed by doctor.
• Insert intravenous cannula when prescribed.
• Carry out nursing procedures.
• Disinfect, wash and send the instruments to the sterilisation room.
• Monitor patients’ vitals regularly and as per doctors’ instructions; and keep proper records.
• Monitor, give appropriate nursing care to patients and document properly/ professionally to enable continuity of care.
• Identify patient care requirements by establishing rapport with the patient as well as his relatives
• Uphold patients’ dignity and confidentiality in all patient care operations.
• Maintain cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests and participating in problem-solving methods.
• Protect patients and employees from hospital acquired infections by adhering to infection control policies and protocols. (universal precautions)
• Maintain cleanliness of work station while keeping it tidy and free from infection by following infection control procedures and protocols (Carry out cleaning and disinfection of the unit daily).
• Account for all patients on the unit; report anything out of the ordinary.
• Account for all the hospital equipment in the department and report any defects.
• Comply with the procedures, regulations, and rules in maintaining medical records.
• Dress wounds under aseptic techniques and disinfect the room after the dressing procedure.
• Counselling and health educating patients and attendants.
• Disinfect and scrub instruments, fold gauze, cotton wool and take drums to the autoclave.
• Translating for patients where need arises.
• Respond to any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
• Certificate of Enrolment in Nursing and Registration with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (UNMC) are essential.
• Good computer knowledge and skills and good customer care especially when dealing with children having a disability are desirable.
• A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a general Hospital is essential
• Experience working in an orthopaedic and plastic / reconstructive surgery hospital or working in an operating Theatre is of added advantage.
• Knowledge of local languages is desirable
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://corsuhospital.org/jobdetail.php?jobid=103