Jobs at:Show Mercy International
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2021
Within Uganda , Wakiso , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Enrolled Nurse will provide quality nursing services and public health care interventions to patients and the community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receiving patients, registering admissions, discharging patients.
• Providing treatment to patients
• Maintaining a clean and health environment for patients
• Preparing and carrying out sterile procedures and disposal of medical wastes
• Participating in bedside nursing procedures as a member of the caring team
• Participating in Ward rounds
• Preparing patients for meals and sensitize them on the recommended diet
• Imparting knowledge and skills to health support staff and trainees
• Compiling daily Ward reports and hand over to in-coming shift leader
• Managing and accounting for allocated resources
• Conducting any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
• Compilation of required reports
• Provide regular feedback to the Clinical officer and/or Medical Officer on clinical care of patients.
• Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
• Standards for professional conduct
• Both the Professional and Organisation’s ethical code of conduct should be adhered to.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant for this role should hold a certificate in nursing from a reputable training institution.
• Must be registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives’ council and have a valid practicing license.
• At least two (2) years of prior professional experience in a similar post in a busy setting.
• Excellent communication, leadership, customer service, interpersonal skills
• Respect for and receptivity to other cultures.
• Ability to develop a productive working relationship with team members
• Ability to operate in a fast and diverse environment
• Knowledge of local languages spoken in the area
• Basic computer knowledge and skills in Microsoft elements
• Good report writing skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates should hand deliver their applications, CV, academic papers and recommendation letter from their pastor to our base by following these instructions;
If in Kampala town, go to Namirembe park and board a taxi to Kakiri. Tell the conductor you let out at “Kumi nanya” (14 in Luganda) stage. Get a Boda to Show Mercy or “ew’abazungu” at UGX. 3,000.
(If you’re along the Northern by-pass, get a taxi to Kakiri still or one to Wakiso from where you’ll board another headed to Kakiri.)