Electrical Supervisor - South
Jobs at:Private Company
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2021
Within Uganda , Hoima , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client in the Oil & Gas industry is looking to hire a qualified and experienced candidate as an Electrical supervisor in Hoima, Uganda.
Position: Electrical supervisor - South
Reports to: Industrial area superintendent - South .
• Supervise the project contractor/subcontractor works with regards to electrical discipline related to his/her scope in order to ascertain that the plant will be built as per drawings, specifications, procedures, cost and schedule meeting HSE and quality requirements and expectations.
• Ensure flow of information is effective between Construction team, commissioning team and the rest of the project team as required.
• Liaise with all the superintendents and supervisors to make sure that the construction complies with all project design documentation, with company standards and procedures, and with applicable international codes, standards and practices.
• Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy, maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and company HSE standards, actively participate in company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
• Assist the Industrial area superintendent - South to ensure Compliance with the project objectives throughout the life of the project.
• Actively identify best practice (industry, technical, professional, etc.) and encourage an environment in which this is willingly and openly shared.
• Create an environment in which a focus on value awareness is developed and constantly think in terms of cost/benefit trade-off.
• Identify and adopt creative and alternative approaches to problem-solving and encourage others to do same.
• Support the Industrial area superintendent - South on site ensuring that the contractor is fully conversant with all company and project electrical related standards and procedures.
• Support industrial area superintendent - South overseeing electrical discipline works performed by contractors/sub-contractors with reference to quality qssurance and control including contractor’s and sub-contractor’s conformity to detailed engineering design and specifications.
• Support industrial area superintendent - South, overseeing contractors/sub-contractors performing installation, testing and calibration of a newly deployed electrical systems and equipment.
• Act as primary supervisor for a dedicated area of the construction site: follow-up the sequence of work-fronts and liaise with the construction contractor area managers and superintendents to make sure the sequence is as per the Construction Level-3 Schedule.
• Ensure that contractors progress on the appropriate high-priority work-fronts in order to stick to the level-3 schedule.
• Witness and participate in vendor site activities as required
• Ensure that planning, coordination, execution and follow up of all installation/pre-commissioning /commissioning activities are done in strict compliance with the detailed design/specifications.
• Anticipate problems by checking in due time planning aspects related to all interfaces issues during electrical installation/pre-commissioning and commissioning works
• Undertake regular site visits to assess the work quality and delivery of the contractor and intervene as appropriate to ensure that activities progress in line with the project schedule.
• Supervise the following site electrical interfaces and ensure that company / project standards and procedures are fully aligned:
1. Company & construction contractor
2. Construction contractor / sub-contractors
• Electrical Vendor representatives & construction site personnel
• Support the Industrial area superintendent - South and other discipline superintendents on all aspects of electrical discipline activities and ensure that interfaces with other disciplines are managed effectively.
• Maintain good relationship with contractors, being flexible enough but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the Project.
• Liaise with Other disciplines as it might be required to improve effectiveness of Team and to achieve project objectives and targets
• Keep the Industrial Area Superintendent South informed of all events which may affect the successful completion of the project goals.
• Interface with QA /QC personnel address quality issues / progress
• Monitor workforce productivities/progress relative to schedule
• Compliance with the HSE instructions, rules and procedures in force for compliance with the HSE contractual clauses and other documents governing ties with the contractors
• Ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
• Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings as required
• Compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) related to his/her discipline and scope for the Industrial Area Superintendent South and Construction Manager as required
• Carry out any other task that may be assigned to him/her.
Job Skills : Not Specified
• HND or equivalent in related discipline.
• Minimum of 12 years’ experience in Oil and Gas and petrochemical industry specifically large construction projects, with thorough knowledge on various safety regulations, standards, procedures, etc.
• Good knowledge of codes and standards related to electrical discipline.
• Hazardous area installation and inspection experience is an advantage. Previous exposure to high voltage electrical installation including switchgear and electric drives.
• Good knowledge of company general specifications and/or previous experience with other major IOC’s/Contractors in oil and gas construction projects.
• Ideal candidate shall be fully conversant with applicable Oil and Gas industry international codes, standards as well as best industry practices.
• Valid complex training
• Valid authorized person / HV voltage preferred
• Valid safety passport (CSCS Card or equivalent)
• A good awareness of other disciplines. Significant responsibility in multi-discipline teams or projects.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills as well as a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. English mandatory.
• Valid medical certificate which complies with company standards.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.