Job Title: – EGPAF Uganda Jobs 2021 No Experience Research Assistant
Organization: Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation
Job Location: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports To: Study Coordinator
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) Profile:
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a worldwide leader in the fight against pediatric AIDS. EGPAF seeks to prevent pediatric HIV infection and to eradicate pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs in 17 countries. EGPAF is implementing a 7-year Cooperative agreement with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Uganda to lead the implementation of the district-based project USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in South Western Uganda (USAID RHITES SW).
The Research Assistant will be supervised by the Study Coordinator. He/she will collect and process research data in support of an Evaluation of Patient and Program Outcomes Achieved through EGPAF-supported Integrated HIV and TB Prevention, Care, and Treatment Programs in Uganda. He/she will conduct abstraction of patient level data from records based in health facilities as appropriate to the study, using an electronic data collection tool in accordance with specified protocol and procedures. Data will be abstracted from Facilities within the RHITES south West districts of Ankole and Kigezi, as assigned and as appropriate to the objectives of the study.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in a training on study-specifics and ethical procedures
- Travels to the health facilities participating in the study and works closely with health care workers for the entire study duration
- Identify patient registers that are appropriate sources of data.
- Develop data abstraction schedules and conducts data abstraction in accordance with SOPs for data abstraction and completes the data abstraction log.
- As appropriate to the specified position, verify data in accordance with the study data management standard operating procedures (SOPs), and uploads the data onto the server
- Ensure that data collected are accurate, complete, properly handled and uploaded in accordance with study SOPs and confidentiality stipulations
- Perform any other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- The applicant for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) Research Assistant job placement should hold a diploma or at least a certificate in nursing or clinical medicine from a recognized institution. Candidates with strong experience in collecting health research data and management of health records may apply
- Prior experience in research methods and data management
- Knowledge of TB HIV prevention, care and treatment procedures and related medical records
- Basic knowledge of computer and Microsoft word processing software, spreadsheets
- Must have passed both English and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level
- Knowledge of MOH facility data collection registers and HMIS tools
- Good interpersonal and data abstraction skills.
- Ability to understand and apply specified data abstraction procedures and protocols
- Ability to evaluate, verify, and edit research data
- Ability to work in a team (good team player)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work long hours
- Able to work in facilities located in any part of RHITES south western districts within Ankole and Kigezi sub-regions
- Must be able to read and write in English. Knowledge of Runyakitara is an added advantage
How To Apply for EGPAF Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 23rd April 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .