Education Consortium Coordinator- West Nile
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the, Education Consortium Coordinator at our field Office in Arua. The Education Consortium Coordinator is responsible for day to day oversight and successful implementation of programmes implemented through the NGO Education Consortium. Under the guidance of the Consortium Manager, the Consortium Coordinators will ensure that programme activities are implemented by consortium partners in a coordinated, harmonized and aligned manner, in line with donor requirements and commitments. The Consortium Coordinator is responsible for coordination of activities with the District Local Government, specifically the District Education Offices and Centre Coordinating Tutors.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant and related field such as education planning and management with additional training in project planning and management techniques.
- Knowledge of current global and regional debates on quality education policies and models
- Proven experience of developing and managing high quality, innovative and cost-effective technical education projects in complex environments and with International NGOs
- Prior experience working in consortium structures and projects, or in consortium / programme management units
- Demonstrable experience of project management, including budget management, M&E and reporting
- Proven experience and skills in research and advocacy and influencing institutional, private and/or corporate donors and writing up high quality donor reports
- Experience of working with local/national governments and capacity building of systems, partners and staff
- Ability to extensively travel for project monitoring and provide on-site technical support to field teams
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability to coach and mentor partners
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, steering and coaching
- Experience in management of finance and budget monitoring and risk management.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Highly numerically articulated with a track record of data manipulation and reporting systems.
- Highly diplomatic with strong oral and written communication skills (English)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link * * indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on 18 June 2021 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children