Job Title: – EDC Uganda Jobs 2022 Finance Assistant (Clerical)
Organization: Education Development Center (EDC)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer-Subcontracts
Education Development Center (EDC) Profile:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Arrange and ensure proper order and completeness of all supporting documentation attached to finance/accounting vouchers. Supporting documentation will be required for travel advances, travel expense reports, activity advances, activity expense reports, procurement of goods and services, etc.
- Once vouchers and all supporting documentation are in order, systematically scan, digitally file and upload to the online Box application in a timely manner. Ensure that documents are consistent, complete with no missing pages.
- Respect all deadlines for document preparation, scanning, digital filing and uploading.
- File/archive original hard copy voucher and other documents as instructed. Ensure that files and vouchers are correctly labeled and arranged by ICYD office or other filing scheme as instructed by the supervisor. Always ensure that there are no missing vouchers and that only approved vouchers are archived.
- Work closely with the finance team to follow up with staff on all outstanding advances to ensure timely reconciliation of advances.
- Support the finance team by obtaining original invoices and receipts for VAT reporting on monthly basis. Ensure photocopies of originals are properly attached to the voucher while originals are submitted to USAID. Replace photocopies with originals when USAID returns the originals.
- Work with the finance teams to review and verify names of participants before mobile money payments are made. Contact participants with mismatches of mobile money registered names and/or numbers.
- Retrieve vouchers requested by auditors and track original vouchers that go in and out of the archives room.
- Follow up with all the ICYD zonal offices to ensure they meet monthly deadlines for submission of their original vouchers and documents for filing.
- Any other duty of a similar nature that may be assigned from time to time.
- The candidate for the position of Finance Assistant – Clerical shall have the following minimum qualifications: Secondary education and 2 to 3 years of experience in records keeping, archiving, inventory management, or any other relevant related field is required.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position, demonstrating competence in record keeping, archiving, digital and hard copy file management and use of scanners, photocopiers and PDF files.
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Excellent Word and Excel skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English.
How To Apply for EDC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline : 24 th May 2022
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.