East Africa Regional Finance and Human Resource Manager
Jobs at:Blackwood Hodge Power Services limited
Deadline of this Job:
19 February 2021
Within Uganda , Uganda , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Blackwood Hodge Power Services limited seeks to recruit a Senior Finance and HR professional to ?t the position of East Africa Regional Finance and Human Resource Manager- Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania reporting to the Managing Director. The East Africa Regional Finance and Human Resource Manager – Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania is a member of the senior management team and business partner to the Managing Director and the Board and is expected to contribute substantially to the development and growth of the business on a regional level.
The East Africa Regional Finance and Human Resource Manager- Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania will ensure ef?cient and effective management of the Region’s treasury including ef?cient cash management procedures and practices, ensure adequacy of ?nancing and risk management arrangements, in particular interest rate and exchange risks contribute to development and achievement of corporate strategy and goals; manage different stakeholder relationships and operate an effective and ef?cient accounting function to provide timely and accurate ?nancial information to management, regulators and auditors.
The candidate shall also manage the HR issues on a regional level. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Overall ?nancial planning, analyzing, monitoring, controlling and ?nancial reporting, on a regional level
• Grafting, supervising and analyzing cash flows on a regional level
• Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities on a regional level
• Producing and submitting ?nancial reports to the MD, the Group and other users as appropriate
• Monitoring and reporting on all factors in?uencing business performance on a regional level
• Optimizing the stock levels in outlets and warehouse to maximize the use of working capital regionally;
• Taking ultimate responsibility for the company’s cash and inventory management policies and implement robust controls
• Adhering to ?nancial management mechanisms that minimize ?nancial risk on a regional level
• Support Supplier Negotiations to achieve better terms and conditions on a regional level
• Coordinating departmental staff on a regional level
• Ensure ?nancial, statutory, regulatory and legislative compliance on a regional level
• Leading Finance teams on a regional level
• Ensuring that company’s ?nancial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth on a regional level
• Working with senior teams including retail and regional management teams to grow the business formulating strategies and plans.
• Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are timely met.
• Establishing a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with internal and external parties including customers, regulators. advisors and the Group.
Oversee the HR tasks on a regional level by having oversight of
• Preparing Business Unit Human Resource Forecasts in consultation with Business Unit Heads, scoping and justi?cation of proposed and existing roles in the business strategy by recommending optimal staff establishment.
• Designing Human Resources plans to bridge staf?ng gaps and deal with surplus capacity through coordination of recruitment, selection and placement of staff as per the approved work force plans.
• Promoting good industrial relations among employees.
• Administering the implementation of health and safety policies and processes and ensure continuous staff education on health and safety activities to ensure security and safety of the company and its employees.
• Administering the implementation of health and safety policies and processes and ensure continuous staff education on health and safety activities to ensure security and safety of the company and its employees. Advising business unit on the staff turnover and propose measures for talent retention.
• Providing HR monthly and annual reports plus any that may be required by the Business unit head.
• Managing time and attendance of the staff.
• Facilitate the preparation of job descriptions for new roles; ensure that the job roles are well de?ned.
• Frequently supporting and advising on Human Resources challenges and issues facing the business units.
• Driving the organizational culture initiatives. Supporting the business unit in establishing the skill gaps within Business units and facilitate training needs analysis.
• Coordinating and facilitating the entire process of performance management, ensuring timely submission of reports and their analysis.
• Supporting and advising the Business Units on the opportunities for improvement of employee relations.
• Championing and enforcing Labour laws as constituted within the country and the company’s Policies.
• Interpretation of the policies and procedures and assess compliance by all employees within the Business unit. [Advise the management on disciplinary issues and procedures).
• ln liaison with the Head of Departments, ensure that leave plans are in place and are adhered to.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or business related ?eld from an accredited university;
• Experience of not less than ten (10) years in similar ?nance and accounting role with at least ?ve (5) years and sewed in Senior management level positions, managing all aspects of a finance function including interaction with the Board of Directors and diverse stakeholders
• Strong knowledge of IFRSI Accounting Standards, taxation, treasury, cash and debt management
• Demonstrable experience in a dynamic, complex listed business ideally in Africa or other emerging markets in similar roles as the one being applied for:
• Prior work experience in the three different countries in similar roles and willingness to travel frequency amongst the three different countries as the job requirements may demand from time to time
• Demonstrable experience in building a highly productive relationships with stakeholders, and credibility in dealing with international ?nanciers, capital markets and development ?nance institutions
• Demonstrable experience in planning and ?nancing major capital investment programmes will be particularly useful
• Rigor, integrity, initiative and intellect as well as a strongly developed personally and self-con?dence
• Demonstrable experience in developing terms, succession planning, driving change and performance management
• A team player with a collaborate and supportive personal style capable of developing and leading effective teams and clear, concise and compelling communication and presentational skills
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: Ten (10) years
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application, copies of your academic and professional certi?cates testimonials and your detailed curriculum vitae and contacts of three (3) professional referees by close of business Friday 19th February 2021.
Applications should be addressed and hand delivered to the Head Human Resource Manager Blackwood Hodge Power Services Ltd / P. 0. Box 7789 / Plot 1-3 & 5, 7th Street/industrial Area/Kampala, Uganda