Job Title: – Dwelling Places Uganda Jobs 2021 2 Fresher Nurses
Organization: Dwelling Places Uganda
Job Location: Buloba and Karamoja, Uganda
Reports to: Restore Program Manager, Karamoja Program Lead
Dwelling Places Profile:
Dwelling Places (DP) is a registered Christian Non-Governmental Organization which specialises in the rescue, rehabilitation, reconciliation, resettlement and follow-up of children living on the streets. The overall objective of DP is to have a society where every child has a chest to rest their head on and a place to call home.
The Nurse will perform general overall registered nurse care of children, youth, parents & Staff. The incumbent will explore and develop health initiatives for Street Connected Children (SCC) in Kampala in regards to access to health care. To explore and develop plans for community-based health programs in Kampala and Karamoja aimed at the prevention of disease, promotion of holistic health in the unreached areas and prevention of unsafe migration.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Community health care
- Plan and conduct community awareness, sanitation, medicines, health and safety, fire safety and any other health issues identified within the communities we operate
- Plan and conduct counseling of children on the DP support program
- Conduct trainings for all DP Staff, targeted at promoting holistic health practices, and health and safety
- Support the Child Protection Committee through follow up of child protection cases
- conduct mobile clinics planning and implementation process
- Develop & update a database for health centers that offer specialized support for the children on the streets and in the community we operate to promote effective health linkages and ensure successful exit of children.
- Participate in a health needs assessment for the children in the communities we work.
- Participate in the development of a holistic health program to address the health challenges identified during the needs assessment which will contribute to improved sanitation and out migration
- Provide training for village health workers and the local community members, adults and children.
- Support the rescue team in outreaches and rescue activities
Residential health care
- Conduct health assessments for children at the point of rescue, Provide initial treatment and modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses and conditions
- Maintain detailed and accurate medical records and reports in the individual children’s files.
- Advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management in regards to the identified health issues.
- Make routine follow up visits to ill children and clients for individualized and specialized care in regards to the general situations surrounding them.
- Provide nursing services including first aid, medications and intravenous treatment to patients on Dwelling Places Program.
- Make referrals to other service providers and community health resources
- Participate in general and medical staff meetings as required to contribute to the multi-disciplinary approach of children’s individual case management.
- Advise on matters relating to nursing practices and participates in development of policies and protocol for patient care and confidentiality.
- Consolidate invoices, make requisitions and provide financial accountability of funds advanced for health activities.
- Make professional judgment as regards to treatment plan and decide If/where and when to refer patients as regards to presenting complaints
- Participate in planning and budgeting in relation to health service.
- Be in charge of Health care service provision for the children to include on call duty in case of emergency health issues in the TRH
- Train the relevant staff, children and other caregivers in first aid and preventive medicine practices.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by your line supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Education and Experience:
- Minimum requirement: Diploma in Nursing
- Specialization or major: Nursing/ Community Health
- Preferably 3+ years’ experience in community health work with responsibility in administration
- Possess a valid nursing license
Special training & experience:
- Counselling and First aid
Required licenses: Certificate of nurse registration Added advantage
- Certificate in Counseling
- Certificate of participation in community health (Primary health care) -Certificate in First aid
Additional skills for the role
- Able to speak English, Luganda & or Karamojong
- Able to relate appropriately to, communicate effectively with, & develop trusting relationships with diverse patient population and with staff
- Able to prepare clear and concise written reports
- Able to handle many responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to adapt to a new culture
- Ability to create functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develop budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
How To Apply for Dwelling Places Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should deliver their applications to: Dwelling Places head office -off Nalukolongo Masaka road near Mutundwe Police Station or email [email protected] between 8:30AM-5:00PM Monday to Friday.
Deadline: 31st May 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .