District Program Officer
Jobs at:Baylor College of Medicine Children's Foundation - Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
10 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To monitor and implement project activities specific to his or her district/districts in conjunction with the DHT and other members of the district local government in line with national program objectives.
• Review and operationalize project activity work plans in conjunction with the DHT and other district departments.
• Monitor implementation of periodic operational work plans and budgets.
• Work with district and health facility teams to develop, implement quality improvement projects based on identified gaps in service delivery.
• Develop and implement strategies geared towards strengthening advocacy and community mobilization for health services.
• Develop and maintain partnerships & networks with districts, CBOs, NGOs and other influential groups for a coordinated and harmonized response for improved health/education outcomes in supported district/s.
• Build capacity of district teams and health workers for improved health service delivery through training, mentorship, and coaching and support supervision.
• Provide technical assistance to district and health facility teams to establish/strengthen systems for provision of health services in line with and Ministry of health guidelines
• Provide technical support during the development of periodic performance targets for ‘district/HF’ PMPs and produce periodic reports including best practices, success stories and lessons learnt in line with program objectives.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• Preferably a bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery ,bachelor of nursing, Master’s in public health is added advantage, with health systems management training.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in health programs/projects with a reputable NGO, and direct experience working with government and donor representatives
• have key personal competences in Teamwork and communication skills, Must be dynamic, Persuasive & convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/jobs/job-application/255/opportunity-welcome