District Logistics/Supply Chain Officer DLSCO X001
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Deadline of this Job:
09 May 2022
Within Uganda , Koboko , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The District Logistics/Supply Chain Officer supports monitoring and provision of on-site logistics management support in the supported districts in line with MoH standards. He/she will ensure close monitoring of ART commodities and stock levels as well as ensuring adequate supply of quality drugs, responding to dynamic changes in demand, managing increased volumes of commodities and minimizing pilferage and misuse.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support health facilities to compile and submit their expected periodic MoH reports.
• Support development and follow up of logistics and supply chain related activity plans in supported health facilities.
• Provide training and mentorship support to health workers in management of health logistics.
• Support CMEs and dissemination of information updates related to logistics management.
• Support activities that ensure proper storage of drugs at dispensing units.
• Work with district teams to offer supportive supervision to health facilities.
• Maintain tracking sheets on various supported health facilities and provide reports on the following areas: number of clients enrolled in care, on ART and initiated on ART in a month consumption reports from the various units
• stock status levels of the various health units basic supply requirements of the pharmacy & store regularly reports on identified challenges in the health units
• Monthly report on availability of tools necessary to maintain data records.
• Maintain records on quantities of commodities ordered and those received from the MoH and other partners
• Participate in therapeutic drug committee meetings held in the health facilities.
• Diploma in Pharmacy
• Specialized training in HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment will be an added advantage.
• Active Registration with the Allied Medical Practitioners Council
• Required experience and skills
• At least two years of working in a clinical setting/ facility, preferably in an HIV/AIDS setting.
• Additional experience in logistics management of ART commodities
• Computer Knowledge and skills, as well as good presentation and report writing skills
• Communication skills and ability to speak local languages.
• HIV Counseling and Interpersonal skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in this position should
send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, certificate/testimonials and updated email address and phone contacts of three (3) referees
not later than 9th, May 2022. Please follow this link https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms to apply forthe position above