Director Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Director Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning will provide technical leadership to develop the project framework, plans and indicators to capture project performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities. The Director Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning will work closely with the M&E team to design, implement and supervise the program’s M&E activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into program implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes.
Duties and responsibilities;
• Lead project team in the development and implementation of an M&E system and oversee routine program monitoring activities. Ensure the quality and relevance of the project’s monitoring and evaluation design.
• Guide the project team to develop, implement, and revise the project’s work plans.
• Compile and analyses data of the project technical areas and support the project technical team in presenting recommendations to donors.
• Lead results reporting to USAID by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports, as appropriate.
• Provide support to performance evaluation process in collaboration with USAID and the independent evaluation team.
• Ensure the quality of M&E related data to be collected throughout the program implementation.
• Participate in the preparation and facilitation of informational meetings with Consortium partners, DHT and MoH.
• Document results of the M & E system and produce periodic reports as required by PEPFAR/, USAID and MOH.
• Support the various program teams in data analysis.
• Train and mentor staff of Non state facilities, partner Institutions and DHT in data collection methodology and in the M & E system, in general.
• Supervise and project data staff and Non state facility data teams.
• Any other duties as per project demands.
Qualifications and skills required;
• A Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Statistics or another related field.
• Minimum of six years of relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of large scale Donor funded Health and HIV/AIDS service delivery and systems strengthening programs.
• Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation and setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives.
• Demonstrated research experience and skills, complemented by experience in facilitation, close collaboration with varying types of partners.
• Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating USAID Project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
• Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
• Demonstrate strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple partners in both the public and NGO sectors specific project contexts.
• Excellent skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination.
• Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills..
• Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in regional and national programs and technical staff.
• Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office .
• Must be a Ugandan National.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021