Director Finance and Administration
Jobs at:The African Network for the Care of Children Affected by HIV/AIDS (ANECCA)
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Director Finance and Administration
Reports to: Project Director
Supervises: HR & Admin Manager, Finance Manager, Contracts & Grants Manager
Location: Eastern Uganda Karamoja
The African Network for the Care of Children Affected by HIV/AIDS (ANECCA) is a network of clinicians and social scientists across Africa working to improve the quality of health care services for women, children, adolescents, young adults and their families in Africa by strengthening the RMNCAHN platform. ANECCA is a registered NGO in Uganda with strong collaboration with Ministry of Health and other institutions. The vision of ANECCA is healthy women, children, and adolescents in Africa; its mission is to improve quality health and HIV services for children and adolescents; with core values of Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Simplicity.
About the Project
ANECCA is responding to a Request for Applications (RFA) by USAID for a proposed transition award under Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Eastern Uganda (RHITES-E). If awarded, ANECCA will support the implementation of a district-based integrated package of quality HIV/AIDS and TB services to contribute to significant, measurable, and sustainable impact on the beneficiary population in five districts in the Karamoja sub-region of Eastern Uganda including: Abim, Kaabong, Karenga, Kotido and Moroto. The activity will support provision of comprehensive technical support, mentorship and facilitate targeted service delivery at both community and facility level. ANECCA will focus on improving the quality of integrated HIV and TB health services, working towards attaining the HIV 95-95-95 targets across all age bands and improving TB case detection, treatment and prevention services.
The Director of Finance & Administration is responsible for overall financial management, compliance, grants administration, human resources and operations oversight. S/he is responsible for ensuring that USAID requirements for budget planning, monitoring, and reporting are fully met in a timely manner, and the establishment and management of financial, operational and administrative systems that support the project. S/he is also responsible for donor compliance mainly for finance and operations. S/he will be ultimately responsible for running smooth, efficient, and compliant project operations. S/he reports directly to the Project Director and will be a member of the project’s Senior Management Team (SMT).
Leadership and Management
• Ensure application of documented policies and procedures for finance and all core operations functions to ensure ongoing efficient, effective support and compliance across the project;
• Ensure that a system is in place for regular performance assessment of staff, including providing technical support and opportunities for development.
• Develop, coordinate and implement plans for the control, monitoring and reporting of financial operations to include controllership, treasury and budgets (work plan budgets, operating budgets and overall project budget);
• Ensure that all financial information is consolidated on time and provided to the COP as appropriate for analysis and dissemination;
• Provide guidance to and overall supervision of the project finance, grants, human resources, administration, operations (procurement, transport, ICT, inventory, safety & security, stores/warehousing) and sub-award teams;
• Provide regular training and coaching to staff on donor regulations, grant management systems, financial management, procurement and HR & administrative procedures;
• Monitor the security situation and oversee implementation of security measures, including appropriate reporting;
• Travel to field offices to provide technical assistance and oversight;
• Ensure timely dissemination of and training on new initiatives/guidelines and policies and monitoring of implementation;
• Ensure that project offices are effectively managed and that project staff have access to adequate transport, procurement, ICT, administrative and safety & security management support.
• Oversee the timely review, approval and submission of all internal financial reporting requirements, including monthly field reports, E-draws etc.
• Review the finance policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness;
• Direct the timely and accurate preparation and approval of all donor financial reports in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements;
• Establish and maintain professional banking relations; plan and monitor cash needs ensuring cash flow requirements of the project are met for smooth implementation of project activities.
• Provide the project management team with monthly financial reports including overall project budget status (budget tracker), work plan budgets status and ensuring potential issues are identified and addressed;
• Work closely with senior management to develop and monitor annual work plan budgets, operating budgets and budget updates;
• Perform final financial reviews of budgets prior to approval and submission.
• Perform internal audits and reviews, as required, to ensure compliance with company standards, donor requirements, and internationally accepted accounting practices.
• Work with project management to develop and implement strong systems of internal controls and ensure general management of risk and control environment. Sub-award Management Oversight
• Ensure adequate sub-award development processes, monitoring and management systems are
• in place to ensure effective and timely issuance, reporting and oversight of all sub-awards;
• Monitor the effective oversight and support to recipients of sub-awards by the project to ensure consistent compliance with the terms of their agreements including financial management and compliance with donor regulations;
• Monitor the timely submission of accurate financial and activity reporting by sub-award
• Provide capacity building support to sub-grantees in sub-award management to be compliant with donor rules and regulations Operations Systems Quality Oversight
• Assess and monitor compliance with company and donor operational policies and procedures through field visits and reports reviews;
• Review performance of operations functions to identify strengths and weaknesses; support project management team and implementing partners to replicate the former and address the latter;
• Ensure that regular and comprehensive risk and cost-efficiency analyses are conducted;
• Monitor and review operational budgets to support financial stability, ongoing program viability, efficient cost structures, and appropriate spending.
• MBA or Master’s degree in management or finance
• At least 10 years of relevant technical experience managing regulatory, contractual, legal and financial compliance requirements associated with USG funding including in-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations experience.
• Diverse background in operations, with strong understanding of finance, administration, supply chain, human resources, information communication technology (ICT), and project management processes;
• Significant experience in financial monitoring, budget systems, and internal controls.
• Experience managing and monitoring sub-awards, including international and local partners;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Fluency in English required;
• Demonstrated strong analytical, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage and work effectively in team
• Proven ability to prepare budgets, contract/sub-contracts and donor financial reports.
• Demonstrated capacity and prior experience in supervising others as a coach/mentor to train staff and develop financial skills of colleagues.
• Ability to travel regularly to program locations;
• Excellent computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications, accounting software such as QuickBooks and internet skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The detailed job descriptions are available on ANECCA’s website:
or by submitting a request to
All interested persons are requested to apply by sending detailed applications with the most recent resumes and references to Esther Namwase email: [email protected] not later than 5:00 pm 5th August 2021