Digital Health Manager – Living Goods
Jobs at:Living Goods
Deadline of this Job:
11 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, relentlessly innovate to ensure both impact & health system strengthening. At Living Goods, you will have the opportunity to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative environment, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
Although this role will sit in LGs Technology Team, it will work closely with the Community Health Partnerships Team (CHPT). The Digital Health Manager will help large-scale implementing partners and Ministries of Health design to execute and implement joint projects with LG geared at furthering LG’s agenda for widespread use of digital health at the community level. .
This role will:
• coordinate delivery of the Intelligent Community Health System project with Key Partners along with the Ministry of Health, Uganda.
• Regularly review and revise the LG digital health journey and lessons documentation up to date.
• Work with LG MoH Secondees, the CHP, and communication teams to ensure coordinated and focused messaging for LG at the ministry.
• Support the implementation of the LG Uganda digital health roadmap.
• Support Integration of smart health app to the national DHIS2 HMIS.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Strategic planning
• Liaise with Living Goods and Ministry of Health (MoH)/Partners, coordinate, and support the implementation of the Intelligent Community Health System project for Living Goods.
• Coordinate key stakeholder engagements in the selected project operation districts.
Project Implementation and Management
• Lead follow-ups and engagement with MoH and project partners on the delivery of key milestones for the project.
• Identify and conduct interviews with key informants.
• Develop and coordinate relevant projects/partnerships work-planning from a tech perspective and document learnings therefrom Coordinate field-based activities with LG, MOH, and any other key stakeholders.
• Participate in key activities, including workshops and technical meetings.
Documentation and Reporting
• Update project documentation to ensure lessons learned are captured as part of the greater LG documentation.
• Report to LG on activity progress Assist identification and management of vendors for database-related functions for LG Uganda and identifies opportunities for operational efficiency.
Skills and Competencies
• Understanding of Community Health Structure and local government systems.
• Experience working with digital health tools.
• Familiarity and experience with DHIS2.
• Experience in systems integration.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Demonstrated creativity and flexibility.
• Project Management and coordination.
• Reporting and Systems Analysis.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Quick learner with the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work collaboratively across teams.
• Master’s degree with at least 13 years relevant work experience with at least 5 years Leadership/Management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Public Health/Digital Health, Global Health or related field.
Professional qualifications in:
• DHIS2 Fundamentals
• Analytics certification
• Uganda Health Informatics Association
• A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and annual performance bonus pay opportunity. This is an opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 132
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
• Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
Apply through https://livinggoods.org/careers/