Job Title: 2 Product Development Analysts – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports t o: The Manager – Product Development
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
The role holder will be responsible for planning product design, product development, product evaluation, and influencing the product roadmap in line with agreed workplans.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Identify customer segments with their respective needs at a granular level, creating personas, customer journeys and attributes that are addressed with Bank products or features using data insights to recommend opportunities that deliver on business aspirations.
- Participape in quality and completeness of the finished product by applying best practices to acceptance testing and use product expertise to influence test cases.
- Liaise with and support Marketing team for new product launches, review, initiatives for low performing products and for increased product adoption.
- Conduct research for rich insights, develop proposals, and work with vendors or application development team during the design and prototype process.
- Determine and agree on product specifications according to a number of various factors and use cases.
- Analyze market trends, develop sales, price and profitability plans for new or products in conceptualization in collaboration with the business teams.
- Recommend existing Product improvements and identify new opportunities to increase business growth and revenue realization.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Computing, Commerce, Accounting or Business Statistics or a related field.
- Strong understanding of banking operations, FinTech, and product development trends.
- A professional qualification in financial services and technology.
- Project Management (e.g. Prince II or Agile Methodology) would be added advantage).
- 3-5 years’ relevant work experience at a large financial services institution.
- Ability to prepare product papers / Business cases.
- Ability to manage relationships and engage with fintech teams that bring products to market faster than our competition is critical.
- Demonstrated ability to link and apply complex technologies to business strategies & a high proficiency in Information and Communication Technology.
- Passionate about product innovation improving consumer experience.
- Strong skills in business process analysis and redesign.
- Experience collaborating with a team of programmers with varying skillsets.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work in a rapid and iterative development environment.
- Experience with data analytics and tagging concepts.
- High-level of integrity, work ethic and strong skills at relationship building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and appropriately handle sensitive information.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented individual who is capable of self-managing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Endlessly curious in how emerging digital trends can translate into excellent customer experiences.
- Provide product training, relevant clinical papers, printed and electronic promotional material and the necessary technical expertise to sales team to enable them to sell the products.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including your present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below;
Closing Date: 11 th May 2022