World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Design & Assessment Facilitator
Report to: Programme Manager
Location: Mayuge District
Purpose of the position:
Excellently implement Assessment and Design processes and Child Sponsorship Operations standards in ways the meet WVU and WVI standards as well as cluster strategic priorities through effective supervision and working with Community Engagements and Development Assistant (Causal Staff) and Community Starter Group Member (Volunteers).
Implement Design and assessment
Effectively conduct LEAP 3 assessment process for the Assessment and Design Project including primary and secondary data collection, and analysis, meeting with key stakeholders to begin to learn about child well-being
- Leading and facilitating Program assessment and designing of new Area Program (Vulnerability Assessment, Gender and Disability Assessment, Conduct Sponsorship Risk Feasibility Assessment and Child protection Assessment (ADAPT)
- Developing and administer Assessment and design Terms of Reference (T.o.R) and data collection tools
- Conducting collection of primary and secondary data, analyzed to inform assessment for potential interventions in the target communities
- Develop quality assessment report
- Facilitate capacity building of partners on Design, operations research and documentation
- Facilitate participation and engagement of the community, partners and government officials to learn about Child Wellbeing Situations
- Exploring partnering options and determining partnering approaches
- Facilitating community to identify and shared vision, objectives and approaches contribute to child well-being
- Conducting analyzing of root causes, assets/Resources, and existing efforts that that contributes to child wellbeing
- Facilitating community to develop community level Program M&E Indicators and align it with standardized National Office M&E indicators in preparation for Project monitoring as aligned to the National Office Strategy results framework
- Facilitating communities to develop shared community projects & Program Plans
- Align community project Monitoring & Evaluation Framework with World Vision M&E framework
- Align Community Project & Program Plans with World Vision National Office Strategy
- Conducting baseline Survey of the Program Impact Area to inform selection of community projects
- Compile Critical Path Step reports to inform evidence based decision making at Program levels and for use in preparation of Program design
- Responsible for the overall financial management of the project Assessment & Design process and to ensure that expenditures are kept within the approved budgets
- Document best practices, lesson learned and success stories about WV Uganda project interventions
- Lead the review, learning and reflection meetings in the Area Program on projects implementation, and evaluations.
- Assessment Plan reviewed/developed and shared with Program Coordinator and DM&E
- Innovate better, context based and efficient ways of delivering child Sponsorship operations
Guide Area Program planning and development.
- Support the Design Processes of the Critical path steps and generated reports for each critical path steps
- Support and guide AP scheduled assessments, TDI measurements and designs.
- Facilitate development of the AP design document and AOP/ DIP.
- Gather and analyze community perspectives, and prepare annual work plans and cash flows.
- Monitoring of progress and achievements of Assessment processes and meeting timelines.
- Conduct partnership mapping
Partnership Engagement and Mapping
- Mobilize grassroots organizations, Churches and other civil society organizations on poverty reduction.
- Mobilize government institutions and technical staff in the planning and implementation of AP programs and plans.
- Mobilize community participation in program/project planning, development, implementation and monitoring
- Mobilization of communities, local organizations and institutions for program development and implementation and partnership.
- Assessment Reports (Vulnerability, Gender and Disability, ADAPT and Sponsorship risk management report)
- Critical path Steps Reports
- Community engagements meetings Reports
- Parish and Sup-County Summit Reports
- Annual Operation plans narratives, Area Plan Narratives, Complete Log-frames and budget for identified projects
Lead community engagement process for child sponsorship and Registration
Ensure quality and timely Communications between Cluster, NO and SOs.
- Support development of a communication plan with appropriate sponsorship messages tailored for local stakeholders and partners, including children.
- Engage community on understanding of sponsorship management processes and selection criteria of Child Registration
- Support child registration planning and registration processes with partners, which ensures transparency and participation in ways that are fun and meaningful for children.
- Facilitate formation of Community Volunteer Associations and other networks and collaborations on CWB among Sponsorship partners and stakeholders
- Support community household engagements and Accountability approach and formation of structures
- Identify the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
- Work with local leaders to protect children from child violations and abuses on child protection.
- Sensitization of children including all RC on child protection.
- Sensitize children, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities with a view to identify child violations.
- Report cases of child abuse in the program area.
- Report cases of child incidents for follow up.
- Communicate to Guardian/parents on the intent of the Sponsor visit and attain consent/confirmation or rejection of the visit
- Attend to follow up on Child protection issues and report.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Must have a Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Economics, and Statistics and/or Master’s degree qualification is preferred
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in project design, management, planning and budgeting preferably within World Vision. Knowledge of World Vision LEAP 3 Design processes standards is an advantage
- Experiences in conducting of assessment process and using assessment results to design a project and/or Program is an added advantage
- Monitoring and Evaluation knowledge, Conducting Assessment, Data analysis and community and partner’s engagements is an added advantage.
- At least two years’ work experience in community engagement, project planning and proposal development is key. Good understanding of logical framework and triangulating clear understanding of theory of change derived from problem tree analysis.
- Knowledge in qualitative research and probing skills and data analysis is key
- Knowledge in quantitative data analysis and use of analytical skills in quantitative data is an added advantage.
- Context cultural indicators performance analytical skills is an added advantage
- Skills in Project management and implementation.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of development work and ability to integrate it with sponsorship
- Competences in managing business process in large organizations.
- He/she must be willing to ride and must have a valid riding permit
Work Environment; To be based in Mayuge, rural poor community with no access to power and electricity