Deputy Project Coordinator
Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Deputy Program coordinator will be responsible for making key decisions and solving problems in short timeframes while ensuring operational and project technical quality and integrity. S/he will serve as the project’s main point of contact with JCRC, USAID, HoH and relevant stakeholders on routine and strategic matters. S/he will also ensure effective organizational management, collaboration and communication with the partners and host MoH structures.
Specific duties and responsibilities;
• Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure programmatic and financial integrity of the project and to achieve rapid and sustained goals, objectives and targets.
• Ensure that project is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of USAID and those of the region.
• Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the award.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with USAID, MoH as well as other stakeholders.
• Represent JCRC and the project’s progress, achievements and lessons learned to USAID and other key stakeholders, through meetings and conferences.
• Provide technical leadership and ensure the quality and sustainability of project interventions.
• Collaborate with project teams to build capacity around HIV treatment, TB, PMTCT, HIV testing, clinical laboratory support, HIV clinical monitoring systems, and health system strengthening.
• Lead the annual work planning process in close collaboration with USAID, JCRC, and project teams.
• Closely monitor progress towards PEPFAR –funded project targets, as well as national targets.
• Guide the analysis, synthesis and reporting of outputs and results in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Team.
• Oversee the quality, preparation, and timely submission of project reports to the donor.
• Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results.
• Write and/or review project materials and publications.
• Work with finance and project staff to develop and track project budgets.
• Work with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) staff to develop M&E frameworks and effectively track data/results.
• Work closely with JCRC senior management staff to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation.
• Ensure compliance with USAID operational policies and regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the JCRC Executive Director.
Qualifications and skills required;
• Advanced degree in public health, health administration, international health or a related field.
• 6+ years of experience managing HIV care and treatment programs at a regional or national level, including planning, designing, implementing, mentoring, and evaluating and documenting results.
• Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
• Strong technical and programmatic knowledge and experience in the following areas: HIV testing and linkage to care, HIV treatment, TB, PMTCT, clinical laboratory support, routine viral load testing, HIV clinical monitoring systems, and health system strengthening.
• Demonstrated capabilities in institutional capacity building and experience in working effectively with district and national government authorities.
• Experience in coordinating and collaborating with a broad set of stakeholders including USAID.
• Previous experience implementing regional HIV Projects, with intimate understanding of local health system and HIV gaps and opportunities and solid relationships with government agencies.
• Experience hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving project needs.
• In-depth knowledge of PEPFAR projects, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements
• Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, team-building, and representational skills.
• Excellent skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination.
• Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in technical staff.
• Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to travel nationally.
• Must be a Uganda National.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021