Data Quality Assessment Team Leader - EYCD - Uganda Learning Activity
Jobs at:QED Group
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The purpose of the USAID Learning Activity (ULA) is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning and adapting, in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development. The ULA will achieve this through three objectives:
• Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources; and deepens local ownership.
• Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality and cost- effectiveness of programs and operations
• Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
The DQA will involve assessment of Education, Youth, and Child Development (EYCD) systems, particularly of new implementing partners whose data has never been subjected to a DQA. Also, the task will include a thorough desk review and data verification of eligible indicators (see annex for list of indicators and Ips). The data for these indicators will be assessed for completeness and soundness of processes and procedures for collection, aggregation, analysis, compilation, transmission, verification, and reporting.
The USAID/Uganda Mission seeks a Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) to conduct a DQA for EYCD indicators. The purpose of the DQA is to ensure that implementing partners (IPs) and USAID staff are aware of the strengths and weaknesses of performance data, and the extent to which data integrity can be trusted to influence management decisions. The DQA will involve a thorough review of the processes and procedures of data collection, data cleaning, data aggregation, data storage and management, internal data quality control, analysis, and reporting to confirm the availability of data validation and quality assurance framework which is operationalized across all data sources.
Under the direction of the ULA’s point of contact for the assignment, the contractor will conduct a thorough review of the processes and procedures for the collection, verification, aggregation, analysis, compilation, transmission, and reporting of the performance data for all indicators under review. The following are the specific tasks to be undertaken by the contractor:
• Review relevant IP documents, including previous DQA recommendations, annual work plans, Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plans (AMELPs), progress reports (e.g. quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports), and Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS). The review will pay attention to indicator definitions, data collection and data analysis of the PPR-related indicators
• Administer the MEL system assessment tool to better appreciate the flow of data along with roles and responsibilities of data collection, data cleaning, data aggregation, data storage and management, internal data quality control, data analysis, reporting, information sharing, and use/dissemination
• Review reported IP performance data for past reporting periods and follow up on the implementation of recommendations of past DQAs, where applicable
• Prepare DQA reports, (IP-specific reports and a consolidated DQA report that contains a summary report with findings, conclusions, and lessons learned), complete USAID standard data quality checklist for each assessed indicator including a DQA PowerPoint (PPT) presentation to be shared with USAID Uganda staff
• Review all activity documents relevant to the DQA, including previous DQAs reports, annual work plans, AMELPs, progress reports, and PIRS
• Assess IPs’ MEL systems, assess data collection and verification procedures, data aggregation, data storage and management, internal data quality control, data analysis, and reporting, information sharing
• Produce IP-specific DQA reports and complete the data quality checklists for each indicator assessed
• Advanced degree in a health related field
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in evaluatios, with significant experience and expertise in conducting USAID DQA’s, and evaluations at large
• Significant expertise in leading, designing, managing or executing evaluations, with preferably focus on EYCD topics
• Demonstrable skills and experience in Education, Youth, and Child Development, with specific USAID experience
• Must have demonstrated experience producing DQA checklists and high-quality reports and presentations on evaluations/assessments
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
• Complete the online application.
• Attach your resume/CV.
• Click on this link: https://qedgroupllc.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=45495&hashed=251708169 to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
• You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
• Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.