Jobs at:The UVRI-IAVI
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program (the Program), founded in 2001, is a not for profit organization with offices and research facilities based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe. The Program’s main activities are conducting research, building capacity and providing advocacy for HIV/AIDS vaccine as well as molecular and epidemiological work toward HIV prevention. The Program is mainly funded by (IAVI), USA but also receives funding from other donors. The Program invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following position:
Position : Data Manager
No. of Positions : One Duration of contract : 1 year but renewable based on availability of funds
Nature of contract : Contract
The position holder will be responsible for accomplishing the following;
• Write Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) for the data management of the studies.
• Modify and create data entry screens for these studies; design and program the database management information System.
• Upload data entry files into the study database; resolve problems that occur during data entry.
• Perform data cleaning and checking, identify inconsistences, discrepancies and produce error free reports.
• Manage databases to ensure that data corrections received are updated on the main database. Create data dictionaries for all databases
• Ensure that adequate back-ups of all databases exist on external drives and servers and are available whenever required in case of a problem.
• Transfer data from the database tables to STATA or other appropriate software; run simple analyses and organise the results of these analyses into a presentable format (report).
• Respond to questions and issues raised by the Principal investigators relating to the study data.
• Develop skills in writing queries and reports and in writing simple do files in STATA or any other data analysis software for analyses.
• Ensure that data entry staff have the correct data entry programs in order to enter the study data.
• Mentor and train the senior data Officer and other data entry staff on database design and data cleaning.
• Design and print labels for Data Collection forms and samples collection tubes.
Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, qualitative economics, Information Technology, Business statistics or Computer science
Desirable: Masters in statistics or IT related field
Essential: Use of data management and statistical analysis software e.g. STATA, SPSS, ODK, REDCap, Ms Access or EPIINFO, EPIDATA, Medidata RAVE, Advantage eclinical and others
Experience: 5 years’ experience in data management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send a written cover letter along with copies of academic certificates, Curriculum Vitae, day-time telephone contact numbers and names of two professional referees to: Administration Manager, UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program Ltd P.O Box 49, Entebbe. Or by email to; - [email protected]
Closing date: 14th October, 2021 at 12:00noon
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.