Jobs at:University Research Co.,LLC
Deadline of this Job:
28 May 2021
Within Uganda , Gulu , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location: Gulu, Uganda
Hours: 40 hours
Location: Based in Kitgum District, Northern Uganda
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: District Technical Coordinator
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
URC has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Activity office will be in Kitgum District and he/she will spend at least 50% of their time working in the field. The overall objective of the data assistant is to strengthen data management at the facility and community level. This will include proper documentation, records management, filing, archiving, data quality and reporting at the district and supported health facilities. He/she will ensure that there’s improved quality of data (facility and community) as reflected in DHIS2.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical assistance to improve quality, accuracy and timeliness of data.
• Build skills of frontline facility health care workers on Data Management including recording, filing, archiving and reporting. This includes provision of relevant guidelines and SOPs for effective data management at facility level.
• Ensure availability and utilisation of current versions of HMIS tools at the facility and community level.
• Organise district data review meetings to clean up facility level data.
• Facilitate performance review meetings to enable the teams understand and use data.
• Ensure functional EMR at high volume facilities and reporting using the system.
• Support data collection activities within their respective districts and provide timely response to adhoc data requests.
• Support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
• Support in analysing and writing of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual programmatic district performance reports and their submission in stipulated deadlines.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Required Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or related field.
• Knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and others.
• Thorough familiarity with the MOH HMIS systems.
• Understanding of USAID expectations.
• At least two years’ experience in data management particularly in the Northern region.
Please note : Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated by the 28th May 2021- please indicate the position you are applying for.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.