Jobs at:Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a nonprofit biomedical research organization, whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, health care and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines. Over the years, MUWRP's portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, surveillance of influenza and influenza-like viruses and other emerging infections in humans and animals; also epidemiological, basic and implementation research in HIV treatment, care and prevention programs in the districts of Kayunga, Mukono, Buvuma and Buikwe and Fort portal.
MUWRP seeks Consultancy services to support the process of developing an effective organisational 5-year strategic plan, for the period 2022 - 2026. The consultant(s) will work under the guidance of MUWRP Executive Management.
The specific objectives of the consultancy are as follows:
• Facilitate the process of developing a 5-year strategic plan
• Review previous key areas and re-articulate them or develop new ones as discussed and approved by MUWRP Executive Management
• Develop frameworks, directions and strategies for the key areas
• Develop approaches that will lead to high impact and visibility for MUWRP programs
• Determine implementation methodologies and strategies
• Ensure appropriate channels for ongoing monitoring and evaluation to the strategic plan progress and make adjustments if required
• Any other necessary activities for purposes of developing the strategic plan as agreed with MUWRP management
The key expected outputs/deliverables of this Consultancy will include:
• A detailed 5-year strategic plan.
• Monitoring and evaluation plan
• A detailed report of the process undertaken.
Qualification, Experience and Language
The Consultant or lead consultant if a consultancy firm must have demonstrable specific experience in developing strategic plans.
Assignment Duration & Reporting It is expected that the assignment shall take 1 calendar month from the time of approval to final deliverable.
Cost and terms of Payment
The consultant/consultancy firm is expected to provide a detailed quotation to achieve the deliverables. Payment terms will be negotiated with the successful bidder and will include payment related to achievement of agreed and verifiable milestones.
The Consultant (s) will report to the Executive Director/ Designee Any documents required by the Consultant(s) before embarking on the assignment will be provided by the responsible departmental heads as may be required.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested Consultants should submit a proposal by 17th September 2021 to
The Executive Director, Makerere University Walter Reed Project in the following format:
• Cover page with name, address and contact information
• Methodology section describing process, analysis, meetings to be held and report preparation.
• Capability Statement – experience in conducting similar assignments along with supporting documents such as CVs and names of referees
• Detailed work plan
Proposals can be sent to [email protected]