Construction Supervisor (Yumbe)
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
28 May 2021
Within Uganda , Yumbe , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To manage the construction of structures at field level. The position holder will ensure that construction works are professionally done in accordance to the designs and specifications with regards to quality, cost, time, and safety. This involves close liaison with logistics, procurement, and senior program officers in the program, as well as coordination with other operational agencies in our areas. The role will require approximately 60% time in the field – site and 40% time at the field offices.
Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or any relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 3 years working experience in handling construction projects generally and in emergency situation or confict/post conflict situations in a reputable organisaiton, preferably an international NGO
• Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Humanitarian interventions
• Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
• Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
• Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
• Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
• Availability and willingness to work extra hours during peak times of humanitarian responses.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Excellent time management and planning capacity
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
• Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 28th May 2021 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Please click here to apply.