Job Title: Child Development Officer (Home Based Programming (CDO- HBP)) – Compassion International Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Compassion International
Compassion International Profile:
Kinoni Church of God invites suitable applicants for the ministry opportunities at the Child & Youth Development Center. Working in partnership with Compassion International, the Church has a ministry of nurturing poor Children, releasing them from poverty in Jesus name.
The Child Development officer -Home Based Programming (CDO-HBP) interfaces with mostly the Home based beneficiaries. 80% of the time spent doing this job is out of office carrying out home visits. He/she carries out (or identifies resource persons for) the day-to-day training and equipping of the Home based beneficiaries in the Home based interventions skills. As a resourceful person on Survival and Early Childhood (ECD) related matters, the CDO-HBP monitors the manner in which the interventions are impacting the beneficiaries on a day-to-day basis. He/she ensures that Growth Monitoring, Oral rehydration, Breast Feeding, Immunization, Functional literacy, Family Spacing and Food supplements (GOBIFFF) and other interventions for the Home based beneficiaries are implemented in the framework of existing standards. He/she shall be a model Christian and respectful of people’s privacy and confidentiality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside the Church. Must be a Christian role model for the children, their families and communities.
- Working within ones influence, serves as an advocate for children who live in poverty and are not able to speak out for themselves. This includes being informed about issues of children and influencing others to greater involvement on the children’s behalf.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of Partner Plans and Budgets including Planning and utilisation of Survival and other homebased funds.
- Participates in the preparation of Program activity and financial reports according to guidelines. This will include submission of Service Level Agreement (SLA) deliverables, Supporter beneficiary communication deliverable and Update beneficiary profiles in Compassion Connect as scheduled.
- Networks with other entities (resource persons and organisations) to develop professional skills for all staff & stakeholders in child ministry.
- Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of the performance of homebased interventions and design remedial interventions.
- Carries out Home visits and Group activities, as a means of equipping beneficiaries in child Survival skills and Holistic child development.
- Supports the church in the process of homebased beneficiary identification, Slots management and transitions.
- Must be a born-again Christian who is a model in word, deed, lifestyle and demonstrates involvement in Church ministry.
- Must have at least a Diploma in Nursing, Midwifery, Community Health, Nutrition, clinical medicine, Education and Social work related disciplines.
- Must be Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and Power Point plus knowledge of Internet.
- Should be a good steward, of high integrity, exhibiting confidentiality, with good social skills and can be trusted by persons who prefer a non intrusive lifestyle.
- Highly self-motivated to carry out Home-visits and group trainings that involve parents and their children in non-classroom settings.
- Should have a developmental mindset and ability to design and implement homebased interventions that are contextualized.
- Ability to design a stimulating environment for children using locally available resources/materials.
- Experience and knowledge in Early Childhood (ECD), GOBIFFF components, maternal-child health intervention programs and social will be an added advantage.
- Age: 22-40 years
Working conditions: Shall work at a Local Church Project and will also include visiting homes of beneficiaries to provide training and support. Travels for correspondence, conferences and trainings should be expected. Will sign and abide by a statement of commitment to child protection.
How To Apply for Compassion International Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application with updated curriculum vitae, photocopies of all academic qualifications, a recommendation from your local church pastor/ reverend and names of the two referees with their day time telephone contact and postal address addressed to: Umbrella leader-kinoni church of God World missions in Uganda, Rwengoro 3, Rukunyu Town Council, Kamwenge district.
Deadline : 26 th October 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.